contact issue... again

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I switched from at&t iPhone to the epic 4g. When I did the guy at sprint made a google exchange to easily swap my contacts over.. Well that way was stupid and now I have every contact of every person I have ever emailed or received emails from in my phone.. When I look up a contact and if they have google+, Facebook, or a gmail account it has all of that saved in one contact.. And I also have duplicates. So when I go to text or call Some one and start to type their name the drop down box has like 25+ people/contact info to select from which leads me to just type out the entire name of said person to find the PHONE NUMBER i'm looking to text..

I had 200 contacts on my iPhone and that's all I want on this phone.. I won't mind if it syncs face book contacts though. So what do I need to do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If you go through your contacts you can long press and merge a contact with its duplicate. That's what I did after I synced my Facebook contacts with my existing phone contacts.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Let's say i'm going to send a text. Open the messaging app and start to type Sarah.. When I type "sa" every craigslist "sale...." Email I have ever sent pops up in the drop down box. This frustrates the hell out of me...

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Let's say i'm going to send a text. Open the messaging app and start to type Sarah.. When I type "sa" every craigslist "sale...." Email I have ever sent pops up in the drop down box. This frustrates the hell out of me...

If you log into your Gmail from a PC it is under your contacts there and makes it easier to delete them. I had it happening to me also at one point lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I deleted my google + account last night and now i'm not getting email notifications.. grrr.

Another question for you guys.. I have my brightness set pretty low for battery reasons but when I go into certain apps the brightness either goes up or down.. Why is the level not kept across all apps

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Log into your Google Contacts account online and put the contacts you want on your phone into a group. Then on your phone, open the contacts app, hit menu, more, display options, google, and only select the group you you created.

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask this.. Im thinking of switching emails or making a new one. I dont ever really recieve emails from PEOPLE but more form websites EX: Newegg, micro center, clothings stores and other places like that.

Can i NOT have google contacts linked to my phone. Can i just turn it off and get rid of it all? I think my dad and my mother are the only two email contacts i actually use. They are already saved in my phone under their name. I tried to merge my old iphone contact with the gmail contact and now when i look up the names it shows two emails, two phone numbers, and i cant delete one of them because it says its an SNS contact.

Im going to go to sprint tonight or tomorrow and just do a hard reset on the thing and just import over my SIM card contacts from my old iphone. i have only had the phone for 5 days so its not like i will really miss much.

rtst31975

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get this fixed? I just got my phone 3 days ago and imported all my contacts from Gmail as well. My issue is that I want to assign ringtones to a group. However NONE of my contacts are on the phone...they are all Gmail contacts and you cannot add ringtones to a Gmail group. If I create a group for phone contacts, I cannot add any because I have no phone contacts technically. Very frustrating.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you opened Contacts/Menu/Display Options and looked at the check boxes? You can choose to display any combination. It appears you can assign a ringtone to a group (I have not done this personally).

Go to Contacts/at the top choose Groups/Choose the group you want to assign a ringtone/Menu/Edit group/then Ringtone

Good luck

I personally like using Gmail for storage of contacts because as I sync and I know if something happens to the phone, I can always get them back

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty