Settings For Music

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
How do you guys generally listen to music? Stock settings, custom equalizer settings, 5.1?

I have found that the stock settings sound a little flat. Some music seems to sound really good with 5.1 even though most music isn't mastered in 5.1. I like how it adds depth to the sound but in some songs it drowns out voices.

The "wide" setting seems to put out a nice sound. I'm a little disappointed with "bass boost" as it just makes music sound generally like crap.

What settings do you use on a regular basis?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you just using the standard music app? There are others that allow you to fine tune the audio settings more.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah just the stock app. Seemed to work fine although a widget would have been nice. Which app would you recommend?

Even though I love music and normally listen to a lot, I surprisingly haven't really put too much of my own music on the phone since I got it in December, haha. That being said I haven't tried out too many different players. If you're rooted you could use a rom with Beats Audio installed or you could flash it yourself. It should help out with equalizer settings or you could just look through the play store for a highly rated music app. Good luck.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of the PowerAmp app. It ran me a few bucks, but I was very surprised by what felt like a significant bump in the quality of the sound. From the first time using it in my car, I was blown away by the customization options, the sound (compared to my iPod touch this is a HUGE improvement), and the features of the player. I enjoy using the queue features as it makes it easy to create a playlist on the fly.

For what its worth, I use a couple of different sets of head phones. Any pure audiophiles will likely blast me but the two sets I use are Monster In-Ear Turbine ($55 on Amazon Gold Box) and Beats Studio HD ($150 refurb direct from Monster). I use an AUX in my car from time to time as well.

One of the silly yet key features for me, was the ability to quickly apply several custom EQs. Needless to say I set up my Dre Beats a LOT differently than my AUX for my car. I also started working on a solid EQ for IEMs. When the next Galaxy headset for Sprint is announced (5/3 cant come soon enough to see the International version), I will likely change my E4GT into my "mp3 player".

Kenny Richoux

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Defender, I just got a galaxy SII and I am trying to download music from my computer library but am having no success. Do I need a particular app to download music from my computer or am I doing something wrong. It seems that the music has downloaded but when I look for it on my phone I can't find it. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just plug your phone in your computer, open up your storage folder, create a folder called music, and drag and drop all of you're music on your computer into it. What technique were you using previously?

About the music player thing... I just spent hours trying out various music players and market equalizers and doing comparisons work the native player and to my surprise the native player provides a more clear and crisp sound than any of the aftermarket offerings. This is with aux into my car stereo. Maybe I don't know how to properly vcconfigure the equalizers or something but the native just sounds better to me. I haven't tried the player ecommended above though. Maybe i'll give it a shot at some point but i'll probably just stick with native for now.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
DEF3NDER,

Setting up EQ settings is part science, part art. A lot depends on the output being used. For example, in my car with an AUX plug I use a flat EQ setting as I already utilize my car's treble and bass settings (having set them up for XM and CDs). For my Beats I use a parabollic shape like a U for my settings. This enhances the highs and mids, will ensuring I don't drown out the mids/vocals. That is more personal preference than anything. It seems to be something a bunch of my buddies like as well as I generally have to set up their car stereos and other devices.

As for the apps, I agree, generally they do absolutely nothing. PowerAmp is the only one that semeed to provide an increase in quality (nothing overly dramatic, but noticeable). Just a few minutes of using the free version and I was hooked. Between that, the queue and multi EQ presets I figured it was worth a few bucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19