Phone - logs - view by???? Wtf

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
So everytime i go into the phone and then select logs it keeps going back to view everything.. text messaged phone calls, mms, blah blah blah.

Is there a setting to keep it locked onto VOICE CALLS?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought I remember the seeing the settings holding when I was running Gingerbread, but its been awhile now (been running ICS for 2 months) and I can barely remember what happened yesterday nowadays.

Still, I believe this had been addressed in the ICS ROM. Here is a shot of the View By settings screen for the log, and it only shows calls now. So this should be resolved for you once ICS is officially released.

425747d7-43c2-1dd9.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well thank god for that! Seeing my texts in the call log all the time and having to switch to just calls is a major annoyance, almost as annoying as getting blank emails from 1969 in all my email accounts on occasion.

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I saw over 100 people look at this thread and was thinking man i cant be the only one lol.

Yes its very frustrating. I use my phone to call a lot of hot shot services and i also do a lot of texting with people as well. so when i got back into logs to call the last company i called the damn thing switched back to VIEW ALL LOGS... so freaking annoying.

tyhart44

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw over 100 people look at this thread and was thinking man i cant be the only one lol.

Yes its very frustrating. I use my phone to call a lot of hot shot services and i aulso do a lot of texting with people as well. so when i got back into logs to call the last company i called the damn thing switched back to VIEW ALL LOGS... so freaking annoying.

Agreed, and you are not alone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well thank god for that! Seeing my texts in the call log all the time and having to switch to just calls is a major annoyance, almost as annoying as getting blank emails from 1969 in all my email accounts on occasion.

I'm sorry Manny but that was me sending the emails but they weren't blank. It contained an mp3 of the song "Summer of 69" by Brian Adams but your AV musta blocked it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I rooted and threw a custom ROM on my phone and it solved this issue. That used to drive me crazy as well... Lol

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll tell you what's annoying. The fact that phone manufacturers/carriers keep comming out with new phones on a regular basis that makes the phone you have totally obsolete before you even turn it on. They might as well come out with monthly versions like a magazine subscription and charge $25 bucks if you turn in last months phone.

To be honest though, I do not have this problem the OP (and some of you) are having. Mine always just starts in phone logs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38