Whose givin up hope on ICS for the S2?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
So with all these ROMS and no official update, who has giving up hope on an official update happening this summer?

Sent from my Galaxy S370 using Android Central Forums

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the GS III and switched to AT&T. I guess you could say I gave up on Sprint entirely, still amazed the ET4G still hasn't gotten it. Still have one line on Sprint though in case I wanna go back when my AT&T contract is up though. ;)

Im gonna miss that Unlimited data.

Reactions: gstill4

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have two lines active on Sprint. After the 1st of August, one line is getting cancelled. My E4gT has one year left on contract after which I will be moving to either Att or Verizon. Being the last of the last to receive an update (yes I did root but am back on GB waiting on official ICS) is pretty sad.:'(

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about going to the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow myself.

Once I am off contract, my next phone will be an unlocked GSM Nexus branded phone. Ater 14 years...so long Sprint. No more CDMA limitations and no more carrier handcuffs. Provide the bandwidth and let us take care of the phones. Having been born in the 60's, I remember when landline phones could only be rented from the phone company. After the AT&T breakup and deregulation we could buy our own phones and inovation soared. It's time for us/me to completely de-shackle the phones from the carriers.

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I too am giving up on Sprint! Worst decision I ever made was to go to Sprint in the first place. As soon as my contracts are up, I am dropping Sprint like a bad habit!!!!!

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait any longer, I rooted and loaded up cm9 rom so I could check out ics. My brother just got it on his razor maxx . I couldn't be outdone by little bro ... right?

jackelynen

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't give up! I talked to a bunch of representatives and Samsung said we would be getting the upgrade this month. I am guessing it will probably be released when Jellybean releases in mid-July. I know Sprint has been super slow with this upgrade, but in reality, there is not a huge difference from what you have now. ICS on the ATT S2 is said to be more laggy, so enjoy Gingerbread!

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't give up! I talked to a bunch of representatives and Samsung said we would be getting the upgrade this month. I am guessing it will probably be released when Jellybean releases in mid-July. I know Sprint has been super slow with this upgrade, but in reality, there is not a huge difference from what you have now. ICS on the ATT S2 is said to be more laggy, so enjoy Gingerbread!

I respectfully disagree.

ICS is insanely more user friendly than Gingerbread. I reflashed a stock rom after using GB for a while and it was enough to make me dislike the phone. I guess it doesn't matter if people don't know what they're missing, but when I show people GB, they want to stick to iOS. when I show them ICS, they think about switching.

nb

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I will also have to respectfully disagree. Such a polite forum :)

Non-carrier locked Nexus phones got ICS first. The Nexus S got it in March and they will be getting JB THIS MONTH! Sorry if that was a little loud.

I will likely root and get JB on my SII from the "Dark Man." Sick of waiting and having a phone with technologies that are less prevalent (CDMA and WiMax), and thus, updates for those radio drivers are slower to appear.

Unlocked Nexus, GSM, LTE for me after this contract is done.

Jesterman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Me I bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and started with AT&T. My data speeds are way faster voice service is every bit as good with ICS. Not just tired of the lack of ICS but also of hollow promises of wimax 4g that will now go unfilled while I still pay the premium data for these years waiting for it. I have 2 Sprint phones still in contract and when that is done if they don't show me something amazing I am done with Sprint and I intend to take as many people as I can with me.

Jesterman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Brainerd you are right it is amazing how slow they are going and if it is Wimax related what is the sense especially since they are not rolling it out any more and coverage is so sketchy. I would be happy to get ICS with only 3g since that is all that is really relevant anymore.