Is CM9 worth it?

ebuks97

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am thinking of rooting my epic 4g touch and installing cyanogenmod 9 on it and I'm just wondering... is the stock ICS look and feel worth it? If i dont end up liking it, how would I go back to stock FF18 and i can get OTA's from Sprint in the future. Thanks

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It was worth it for me, because I was able to play media audio via bluetooth to my Sony car stereo again without an inevitable random reboot and BT disconnect.

Will it be worth it to you? Only you can answer that. It's a very good ROM though, and the current version for our phone is very stable. Also, it's looking like official CM support for our phone is pretty close.

I say give it a go and come to your own conclusion. Going back to stock Touchwiz is as easy as plugging your phone into a PC and running the FF18 Odin One-Click.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
With Jay's help (thank you very much for your patients btw), I am on rooted FF18 and it is very nice! Been thinking of going to cm9, but this is running so smooth and great on battery life too!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Cm9 is good to go. Just no visual voicemail.

Actually, there is a version of the Sprint VVM app that works on CM9. You can get a flashable ZIP here: Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

I personally use Google Voice for visual voicemail. It's integrated nicely, and you can have voicemails emailed to you if you'd like. Youmail is also a nice, popular and free VVM application as well.

Lots of options for VVM! :)

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually, there is a version of the Sprint VVM app that works on CM9. You can get a flashable ZIP here: Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

I personally use Google Voice for visual voicemail. It's integrated nicely, and you can have voicemails emailed to you if you'd like. Youmail is also a nice, popular and free VVM application as well.

Lots of options for VVM! :)

Will this work on AOKP? Specifically, DK's stable 2?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2