Sprint Announces Build FH13 - ICS "Bugfix" Update

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol look at first post following link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I say that heh. What stands out to me though is the (MR4), which I believe means "Minor Revision 4". It's hard to know what revision version of the FH13 build leaked out recently, but it's possible that it was an older build and not what is going to be pushed out via an OTA update.

Still no mention of Bluetooth media audio reboots though, which I personally experienced on all of the ICS builds and have seen a few reports from other owners experiencing the same thing as well. I believe it's a rare compatibility issue though that may only happen with certain Bluetooth audio devices.

Any battery life improvements will be welcome I'm sure, but there are still other lingering issues.

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What I would like to know is, what is it that they are "fixing" for the battery issues? We just ordered 2 more GSII and got them a couple of days ago. They are both stock loaded with 4.0.4 FF18, and EVERYTHING is the exact same as my GSII w/ rooted FF18. Both new phones have been on for 18 hours now with over 60% remaining.

I just cant imagine what they might be "bugfixing" on these phones........

androinerd

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
What I would like to know is, what is it that they are "fixing" for the battery issues? We just ordered 2 more GSII and got them a couple of days ago. They are both stock loaded with 4.0.4 FF18, and EVERYTHING is the exact same as my GSII w/ rooted FF18. Both new phones have been on for 18 hours now with over 60% remaining.

I just cant imagine what they might be "bugfixing" on these phones........

I loaded FF18 on my friend's SGSII and he hasn't complained of issues, but I have used my SGSII with FF18 for 2 hours heavily and the battery dies. It all depends on what you're running and how much you use it.

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I get what you are saying. My rooted gsII gets the same battery life as the 2 new ones. It just seems that it would be app or hardware related, moreso than os related I think.

On a side note, I installed FH13, and got bad results. Go figure.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I finally got Sprint to replace my hardware today because of my issues. As the in-store tech was typing up the replacement order, all of the replacement units went out of stock, so I have to wait a couple days for my new one. Maybe they pulled them for software updating?

jtriojr

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
OK ..I have a dumb question. I downloaded the disaster of a update, but didn't on my wifes phone. So she receives the update notification all the time on her phone. My question is will I have to down load the bad update on her phone in order to receive the new one?
Thanks

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
OK ..I have a dumb question. I downloaded the disaster of a update, but didn't on my wifes phone. So she receives the update notification all the time on her phone. My question is will I have to down load the bad update on her phone in order to receive the new one?
Thanks

No, it should download FH13 and skip FF18.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jtriojr

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I finally got Sprint to replace my hardware today because of my issues. As the in-store tech was typing up the replacement order, all of the replacement units went out of stock, so I have to wait a couple days for my new one. Maybe they pulled them for software updating?

I got my replacement phone today and it was a refurbished one. Odd thing is it was loaded with ICS FH18. So far the phone is working okay. I'm going to give it a few days to see how things go. I had battery issues and freezing up of the phone. Sprint store told me I could bring the phone back to downgrade back to GB.

Now hearing of another official upgrade to FH13 is on it's way scares the crap out of me! I'm gonna wait a while when that happens.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't link to it because the site is (mistakenly) blocked at work...
...but go to sxtp-forum.com/forum.php, find Epic 4G Touch Android Development and look for rwilco's FH13 thread. Post 1 has one clicks for FH13 unrooted, Post 3 has my links for rooted. Easy peasy and no having to wait for OTA.

Fatherboard

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I didnt get it yet, and it came out yesterday. Am i just not going to get it, or am i supposed to do something before i can get the update.
Thanks

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I didnt get it yet, and it came out yesterday. Am i just not going to get it, or am i supposed to do something before i can get the update.
Thanks

You will but it will take time - FF18 rollout was planned originally over 2 weeks.
If you don't want to wait though see my earlier post.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante