FH13 and WiFi

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if they have fixed the WiFi "Always on Setting" preventing this phone from going into deep sleep and draining the battery? This was an issue with FF18, but after switching WiFi to turn off when not in use, battery life was better. Only short coming from that is that WiFi had to re-connect everytime you went back to your phone.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a large part of what they've tried to fix with FH13. A little hard to tell for sure, but it appears to me that WiFi is better behaved now. And, if you use the "Keep WiFi on" setting to have it off while sleeping, it seems to re-connect correctly when the phone wakes up. This is just my experience and no hard evidence.

Citrik

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange, because even with FH13 for me I still had to toggle wifi upon wake up. I had to go back to Gingerbread because FH13 didn't fix a single thing for me.

tabascoman66

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset after ICS, and cleared the partition cache. I am not sure if that makes a difference. But FH13 did not fix my GPS, it doesn't seem to always lock-on correctly unless I reboot the phone. I don't think all the phones have the same exact electronics?

Jay005

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset after ICS, and cleared the partition cache. I am not sure if that makes a difference. But FH13 did not fix my GPS, it doesn't seem to always lock-on correctly unless I reboot the phone. I don't think all the phones have the same exact electronics?

Mine does the same thing. The only way for me to get a GPS lock is to restart the phone and try again. FH13 changelog only list a fix for the battery drain issue.