I'm sure this is a stupid question, but...

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S2 from Sprint and when I looked on here this is the only forum that has both Sprint and GS2 listed even though it also says Epic 4G Touch. Am I in the right place? This phone is totally new to me and I hate to admit I'm currently clueless about it.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the Galaxy S II from Sprint is called the Epic 4G Touch. It has slightly different hardware (no NFC at least) than other S2s.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything. I had JB on the Nexus S and it was great, when the phone worked, but I've noticed some very basic things aren't on this phone, like send all calls to voicemail, unless I'm missing it. I do also hate that I cannot make the phone stay on while charging, though I understand the reasoning. Again, thank you for the answer, I feel better now. I felt like a traitor on the AT&T forum. ;)

hkmorgan87

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You can put JB on your phone if you want to load a custom rom. They are still under development, so they are somewhat buggy. I use an app call "Stay Awake". It allows you to keep your screen always on when plugged in.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You can put JB on your phone if you want to load a custom rom. They are still under development, so they are somewhat buggy. I use an app call "Stay Awake". It allows you to keep your screen always on when plugged in.

After using my phone last night with more than average use and the battery kept on truckin I think I'm happy with ICS for now. I did love how smooth JB is but it seemed to really drain my Nexus S's battery pretty bad. Actually, within a few hours last night I was on fb, using google, and taking a ton of pictures and by the end of the night my battery was at 52%, with the Nexus S it would have been almost dead so I'm super thrilled about that.

I actually figured that I'd just put the screen timeout on 2 minutes that way it would stay on longer, I usually manually turn it off when plugged in anyway so that's working well for me so far. The only thing I'm not happy with is when I plug it into my computer I cannot make it turn into a USB drive like I could on my Nexus S so it ended up adding all my ringtone files into my music folder so I'll have to figure out how to get that straightened out.

I do have to say I'm kind of annoyed that every handset can use the same OS and look completely different. ICS on my NxS was completely different than on the GS2. It's kind of like being able to walk into any Walmart in the country and know exactly where something is because they're the same everywhere. I appreciate the differences in models but the OS should have a standard feel to it. IDK, maybe it's just me...

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is generally pretty nice on the GSII. The nexus is a nice phone, just a bit older than ours, so you may just be enjoying a fresh battery. But as a pure Google phone, it gets updates (JB) before we do. We should get it, eventually - then you'll be back where you came from. :)

Many here don't like the switch from USB mass storage to MTP. Solution - Custom ROM. If you don't want to go that far , I'm pretty sure sfhub has a work-around, over at xda. I can't personally vouch for it as I haven't run it, but his work is top notch.

Welcome to the 'hood.

DOOKJOY6869

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
After using my phone last night with more than average use and the battery kept on truckin I think I'm happy with ICS for now. I did love how smooth JB is but it seemed to really drain my Nexus S's battery pretty bad. Actually, within a few hours last night I was on fb, using google, and taking a ton of pictures and by the end of the night my battery was at 52%, with the Nexus S it would have been almost dead so I'm super thrilled about that.

I actually figured that I'd just put the screen timeout on 2 minutes that way it would stay on longer, I usually manually turn it off when plugged in anyway so that's working well for me so far. The only thing I'm not happy with is when I plug it into my computer I cannot make it turn into a USB drive like I could on my Nexus S so it ended up adding all my ringtone files into my music folder so I'll have to figure out how to get that straightened out.

I do have to say I'm kind of annoyed that every handset can use the same OS and look completely different. ICS on my NxS was completely different than on the GS2. It's kind of like being able to walk into any Walmart in the country and know exactly where something is because they're the same everywhere. I appreciate the differences in models but the OS should have a standard feel to it. IDK, maybe it's just me...
The Kies Air app works well for file transfer it should be pre loaded on your phone I prefer just click and drag myself. The wife likes Kies to upload her music from the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non