Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What Changed With Today's Update?

I just got some sort of Android update but can't find what has changed. It stills says its 4.0.4. Did anyone else on Sprint get this update?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: What Changed With Today's Update?

Sadly, battery life hasn't improved. In 8 minutes I went from 100% fully charged to 94%.
    A disgrace. Total disgrace.

Look at your firmware version
    Its probably up to fi27 now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by colalounge View Post
    Sadly, battery life hasn't improved. In 8 minutes I went from 100% fully charged to 94%.
    A disgrace. Total disgrace.
    What were you getting before and what were you doing for those 8 minutes?
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I never checked battery life before the ICS update because the phone could last most of the day with light use. I work from home so my phone spends most of its time just sitting on my desk.
    After ICS my phone is dead within 4 hours tops of doing nothing. Sitting in the doctor's office, the dentist office... whatever. 4 hours max. I timed it several times. It dies simply sitting in my purse.
    As for those eight minutes, I was looking through the phone to see what had changed and logging on to this site. I don't have to do anything and it does this. It dropped from 100% to 97% with me just holding it in my hand looking at it. My phone has been a lovely paper weight since the ICS update and I keep hoping with each update that the problem, as well of several of the other problems ICS caused, would be fixed.

I got my update notice about 2am this past saturday morning. It seems to have improved the ability to charge (faster) and my batt isnt draining as quickly.

Colalounge. Its likely you have a gingerbread app that doesn't play well with ics still installed.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That's not it either. I didn't download apps for a while and the problem persisted.
    I have learned a lot from this experience though, my next phone will probably be an unlocked Nexus.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

i never had any issues either prior to the ICS update. phone would come off the charger at 3:30am and when i was leaving work at 3pm I'd have 45-50% battery still intact. after ICS by break its down to 40-45% same usage. no new apps. and regular use of twitter...fb...web...texts....battery recharges faster...but dies just as fast if not faster. REALLY annoying. smh...

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Looks like universal search got taken away. FAN. TASTIC. /not.

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Over the past couple of days, I've been aware that I'm getting MUCH better battery life (25% used in 5 hours, 35 min call, 40 min screen time) and the wake bug that prevented wi-fi from connecting seems to be swatted.

Was on rooted ODIN stock and took the OTA.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Currently, I've used 35% battery in 3-1/2 hours in an area with TERRIBLE data connectivity that once drained my phone (after a bad NoData update; had to wipe it) in 3 hours flat. 1 hour screen on time. I'm happy. Sucks that it's finally behaving a week before I move to a Nexus 4.

I received it yesterday and don't see that anything has changed.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

So am I the only one that had their universal search removed?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

No, it's gone on my phone as well. Very frustrating, especially having to go to the contacts app instead of just searching from the magnifying glass icon. Not happy about this change - hoping there's a fix.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I never had problems with my battery, after this update is horrible it goes down like water Sucks :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by NathanCCI View Post
    No, it's gone on my phone as well. Very frustrating, especially having to go to the contacts app instead of just searching from the magnifying glass icon. Not happy about this change - hoping there's a fix.

I can't see there being a fix for the universal search thing - that was part of the Apple v Samsung patent lawsuit that Apple won.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah if u want universal search u gotta get Google now

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2