What Changed With Today's Update?

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got some sort of Android update but can't find what has changed. It stills says its 4.0.4. Did anyone else on Sprint get this update?

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I never checked battery life before the ICS update because the phone could last most of the day with light use. I work from home so my phone spends most of its time just sitting on my desk.
After ICS my phone is dead within 4 hours tops of doing nothing. Sitting in the doctor's office, the dentist office... whatever. 4 hours max. I timed it several times. It dies simply sitting in my purse.
As for those eight minutes, I was looking through the phone to see what had changed and logging on to this site. I don't have to do anything and it does this. It dropped from 100% to 97% with me just holding it in my hand looking at it. My phone has been a lovely paper weight since the ICS update and I keep hoping with each update that the problem, as well of several of the other problems ICS caused, would be fixed.

daviepants

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my update notice about 2am this past saturday morning. It seems to have improved the ability to charge (faster) and my batt isnt draining as quickly.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Colalounge. Its likely you have a gingerbread app that doesn't play well with ics still installed.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
That's not it either. I didn't download apps for a while and the problem persisted.
I have learned a lot from this experience though, my next phone will probably be an unlocked Nexus.

b0bbY

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i never had any issues either prior to the ICS update. phone would come off the charger at 3:30am and when i was leaving work at 3pm I'd have 45-50% battery still intact. after ICS by break its down to 40-45% same usage. no new apps. and regular use of twitter...fb...web...texts....battery recharges faster...but dies just as fast if not faster. REALLY annoying. smh...

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Over the past couple of days, I've been aware that I'm getting MUCH better battery life (25% used in 5 hours, 35 min call, 40 min screen time) and the wake bug that prevented wi-fi from connecting seems to be swatted.

Was on rooted ODIN stock and took the OTA.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Currently, I've used 35% battery in 3-1/2 hours in an area with TERRIBLE data connectivity that once drained my phone (after a bad NoData update; had to wipe it) in 3 hours flat. 1 hour screen on time. I'm happy. Sucks that it's finally behaving a week before I move to a Nexus 4.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I received it yesterday and don't see that anything has changed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

NathanCCI

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
No, it's gone on my phone as well. Very frustrating, especially having to go to the contacts app instead of just searching from the magnifying glass icon. Not happy about this change - hoping there's a fix.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I never had problems with my battery, after this update is horrible it goes down like water Sucks :banghead:

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No, it's gone on my phone as well. Very frustrating, especially having to go to the contacts app instead of just searching from the magnifying glass icon. Not happy about this change - hoping there's a fix.

I can't see there being a fix for the universal search thing - that was part of the Apple v Samsung patent lawsuit that Apple won.