Serious Battery Saver (don't have to be rooted either)

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
For almost a week now I've been using Deep Sleep Battery Saver app. My current Epic Touch 4G is running the official stock FK23 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM (and almost all JB ROMs) are pretty bad with battery life and I had to always carry a charger in my pocket.

Deep Sleep Battery Saver works great, lets all calls and texts to come through and now I don't worry about bringing a charger with me. You can expect your phone to easily last a whole day with normal use. In one case I admittedly hardly touched my phone all day but at 8pm it was still showing better then 80%.

I have tried most of the popular battery saver apps and never could tell if they were doing any good. Most of the time they were either confusing to setup due to an overabundance of settings or they interfered with things when I tried to use my phone. The best ROM I used was [Calkulin's E4GT v3.0 [ EL29 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script] which my girlfriend still runs on her identical ET4G. I ran some informal tests noticing the percentages of both our phones and checked many hours later, the results were quite comparable.

The best part is it's dead simple, works on most phones, doesn't require root to use and for less then two bucks you can schedule your deep sleep settings.

I don't know or have anything to do with developers of this app but I recommend anyone to try the free app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-21-21-00-39[1].png
    Screenshot_2013-01-21-21-00-39[1].png
    73.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2013-01-22-11-35-44[1].png
    Screenshot_2013-01-22-11-35-44[1].png
    65.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

kcevans63

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely right in regards to Deep Sleep. I have used more than several battery saver apps and this is the only one that I found that actually works. I also use Cpu Spy app to confirm that my device is actually in deep sleep mode. The one mod that I would recommend to rooted JB users is to disable the Sprint Connections Optimizer (I uninstalled it). I found that even by unchecking the box in settings, it will reactivate itself at some point (my imagination, possibly?) Anyway, disabling it has decreased my devices power consumption noticeably.

Sent from: deodexed and stripped GA10 w/Agats GA10 recovery E4GT

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You are absolutely right in regards to Deep Sleep. I have used more than several battery saver apps and this is the only one that I found that actually works. I also use Cpu Spy app to confirm that my device is actually in deep sleep mode. The one mod that I would recommend to rooted JB users is to disable the Sprint Connections Optimizer (I uninstalled it). I found that even by unchecking the box in settings, it will reactivate itself at some point (my imagination, possibly?) Anyway, disabling it has decreased my devices power consumption noticeably.

Sent from: deodexed and stripped GA10 w/Agats GA10 recovery E4GT

The most recent OTA update, FL24, has Connections Optimizer as well. You are right, it's a battery suck of the nth degree.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely going to try this, so tired of battery draining within minutes of disconnecting from charger. I even purchased 2 other batteries and Universal chargers so I'd have a bcak up if I'm out and about. The other night I put phone in Airplane mode,need alarm clock, and popped in one of the new batteries. Can you believe I put it in at 99% and woke up to 20% in airplane mode????? Something is sucking the life out of my batteries.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow this thing works good. My wifes fone would be dead now 12 hours later and got 52% left. Thanks dudes, pro version might be worth a couple dollaros. :)

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I took a look at this because I've used a few apps that did what you say, got to the main menu and everything down to the wording screams an app called Juice Defender, which I'm shocked no one said anything about yet. It is ad free and A LOT more options to tune it to what you need. The makers of this app even took the circular buttons with Aggressive and Balanced setup from it. It sounds like it does the same thing.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at this because I've used a few apps that did what you say, got to the main menu and everything down to the wording screams an app called Juice Defender, which I'm shocked no one said anything about yet. It is ad free and A LOT more options to tune it to what you need. The makers of this app even took the circular buttons with Aggressive and Balanced setup from it. It sounds like it does the same thing.

Both JD and this app are crap they are a lazy mans fix that don't help target the real issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2