Jelly Bean thinking USB Storage is on, and that's a problem

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Have u tried to get the drivers for your phone by disconnecting the internet? By doing that it will only get the drivers off of your pc or phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

explain a bit more? disconnecting the internet from my phone? or from the computer?

heelfan69

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
First of all I would uninstall your Samsung drivers off of your pc in control panel- add and remove program.Then disconnect your pc from the internet and plug your phone in to get device drivers.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
This may be a dumb thing to suggest but try plugging your phone into a computer. If the computer detects the phone then see if the USB Storage option is showing and check if it is still turned on. Try turning off USB Storage while being plugged in and then unplug your phone to see if it is still bugged up. It's a simple thing to try which may be why it's a dumb suggestion.

I have a cheap Archos 80 G9 tablet. All the G9 tablets have a usb port for a 3G stick to be plugged in. The cool thing is you can plug in a usb device and actually use that as storage and transfer files. Whenever I do that the microSD card is unusable or undetected.

Hopefully you find a fix. Kies detects my S2 fine but it won't detect my S3. The computer will detect both my phones. These driver issues are the worse I have had on any product.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
First of all I would uninstall your Samsung drivers off of your pc in control panel- add and remove program.Then disconnect your pc from the internet and plug your phone in to get device drivers.

i will definitely try this tonight when i get home from work, and let you know how it goes.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This may be a dumb thing to suggest but try plugging your phone into a computer. If the computer detects the phone then see if the USB Storage option is showing and check if it is still turned on. Try turning off USB Storage while being plugged in and then unplug your phone to see if it is still bugged up. It's a simple thing to try which may be why it's a dumb suggestion.

I have a cheap Archos 80 G9 tablet. All the G9 tablets have a usb port for a 3G stick to be plugged in. The cool thing is you can plug in a usb device and actually use that as storage and transfer files. Whenever I do that the microSD card is unusable or undetected.

Hopefully you find a fix. Kies detects my S2 fine but it won't detect my S3. The computer will detect both my phones. These driver issues are the worse I have had on any product.

thanks. i did try this - this is what i addressed in post 19 above. but, again, thank you.

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 phones one had gingerbread the other ics. I installed jellybean on both phones,the gingerbread phone did fine, the other is having the same problem as yours. I have tried everything but a factory reset, I even reinstalled jb it still has the same problem when you try to open gallery or camera.

Same deal with me we have 2 phones one had gingerbread (mine) the other one had ics (Wife). Just like you, I installed jellybean on both phones,the gingerbread phone did fine without issues, but the other was having the same USB Storage problem! But wife was able to fix it by formatting the USB Storage (an option offered by the phone itself thru the notification bar) after that everything was fine with her phone!

Don't know why yours doesn't show the micro SD Card Icon with the exclamation point inside it! We she selected that icon the next pop up window allowed her to format the USB Storage.

heelfan69

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I wished her phone had that option. I guess I'll keep trying, not ready to do a factory reset.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

alas, that did not help. my phone won't update if it's in MTP. ugh.

heelfan69

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry bout that...it was worth a shot. I will try a few more things tonight if I have time.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
the odds are good this is the last night i will spend fiddling with it. not having autocorrect, not having predictive text, not having a camera, all suck.

i will be bringing to the sprint store tomorrow. if they can't replace it, and S2s are in short supply (as i have heard they are), i wonder what they will replace my phone with. :eek:/

heelfan69

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
This is my wifes third, all refurbished phones.Maybe they are out of s2's and you can get a better one.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
i was told by Sprint customer retention that an s3 would be considered an upgrade. i'm really not sure what phones they consider comparable to the S2. but i am curious to know.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i was told by Sprint customer retention that an s3 would be considered an upgrade. i'm really not sure what phones they consider comparable to the S2. but i am curious to know.

The S3 is a whole generation newer and designed better so it would be a upgrade. Pricing is also part of it.

qroc84

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
i figured it out!! if u take out ur sd card plug in ur usb to comp..open device manager n look for sumsung usb under the usb controller link and unistall it

qroc84

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know why Jelly Bean thinks my USB storage is on, and what i can do to turn it off?

because of that, i can't access my SD Card. i've tried unmounting and mounting, battery pulls, etc.

maybe there's a setting i'm missing?

thanks in advance,

Tree

look at my post

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non