Frozen My Galaxy S2... Please help!

Heathathon

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Long-time lurker here. I've frozen my Galaxy S2 from Virgin Mobile, and I need help:

My phone is rooted with Framaroot and I have never had any problems. Until today I used Titanium Backup to freeze several more apps. I also turned off USB debugging, but I don't think that matters? Anyways, what I froze was my sms, phone app, connections optimizer, and com.samsung.sprintmenu (possibly one more sprint related app). I am in China atm and don't need to use anything but wifi; hence the freezing of the apps.

Now my phone will boot up fine, but the lock screen lags very hard until it finally brings me to the home screen, with no icons. Only the icons on the bottom show up, and they are unusable. The applications icon tries to load the apps, but it can't. I am able to connect the USB to my pc and get to the USB Mass Storage screen. I am also able to flip through my three main screens, though they are blank.

What are my options? Any options without losing data/pictures/etc.? I just realized Titanium Backup backed up all my stuff to my internal SD, not my external. So, I would hate to lose everything... Appreciate all the help I can get.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. Long-time lurker here. I've frozen my Galaxy S2 from Virgin Mobile, and I need help:

My phone is rooted with Framaroot and I have never had any problems. Until today I used Titanium Backup to freeze several more apps. I also turned off USB debugging, but I don't think that matters? Anyways, what I froze was my sms, phone app, connections optimizer, and com.samsung.sprintmenu (possibly one more sprint related app). I am in China atm and don't need to use anything but wifi; hence the freezing of the apps.

Now my phone will boot up fine, but the lock screen lags very hard until it finally brings me to the home screen, with no icons. Only the icons on the bottom show up, and they are unusable. The applications icon tries to load the apps, but it can't. I am able to connect the USB to my pc and get to the USB Mass Storage screen. I am also able to flip through my three main screens, though they are blank.

What are my options? Any options without losing data/pictures/etc.? I just realized Titanium Backup backed up all my stuff to my internal SD, not my external. So, I would hate to lose everything... Appreciate all the help I can get.

Welcome to the forums.
To understand properly, you have no icons at all? You can't get back into Titanium?