Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was at GenCon last week, and during my travel and stay there, I was only getting about 10 hours of battery life. (Prior to that, I was getting about 16, so I think the lack of wireless and strong signal cut into that.)

On return, my Hyperion extended battery was waiting for me. Per directions, I charged for 12 hours. Now I'm (again, per directions) running it down to complete depletion for a recharge.

Or, rather, I'm trying to ... it's been 44 hours since it came off the charger, and I'm still at 65 percent. Wow.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Does it add bulk to the phone?

It does. Quite a bit, actually; I'd estimate the battery and back adds about 75 percent more thickness to the phone.

That's not an issue for me, as I find the stock GSIII almost too thin to hold comfortably, and I really like the styling of the replacement back.

But it definitely adds bulk and weight.

As of right now, 47.5 hours off-charger, 63 percent charge.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
That's the one, but the back does not look like that. There's no hump ... it is flat until it curves at the top, bottom, and sides, just like the standard cover.

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It's thick but I don't mind. Actually feels good in my hands. I'm now at 84% with 6 hrs 42 min on battery.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm thrilled so far. I can't kill this thing
It's crazy, right? I got 93.5 hours on my first discharge-to-depletion, and 104 hours on my second. This isn't as good as a Touchstone charger, in terms of power-charging goodness and happiness with a product, but it's pretty damn close.

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to kill it yesterday and got 18 hours. I had almost 9 hrs on screen time. Today, normal use, I'm at 86% after a little over 9hrs off charger.

HJC158

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased this battery and then charged it for 12 hours with the phone off untill fully charged. When I turned on the phone the battery only read 98% charge. Anyone expierience this issue? Thanks for your help!!

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope but mine drops to 98% quickly. It also seems like the percentage drops quicker the first 50% vs the second half. It doesn't bother me as this battery is exactly what I was looking for. It'll give me 15+ hours of hard use and not skip a beat.

tumtum83

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about getting an extended such as the one in this thread. However, i have a issue hanging onto my phone. I currently have an otterbox for my gs3. Does anyone make a case for the added thickness the extended battery gives the phone??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89