Bricked S3, can't get Odin to flash anything

Pilgrymm

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I may be freaking out here a little bit. I just tried to root my Sprint S3 using Odin, and now it's stuck, I can get back to the Odin Downloading screen, but it won't let me flash anything over. Just keeps failing. I don't care if I lose everything, I need this back up asap. I don't care if it never gets rooted, I just need my phone for work.

(was just hoping to get wifi for my tablet while I'm out in the field...)

Is there something special that needs to be done to root a Sprint GS3? Most all the help I see is for the Verizon model.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I may be freaking out here a little bit. I just tried to root my Sprint S3 using Odin, and now it's stuck, I can get back to the Odin Downloading screen, but it won't let me flash anything over. Just keeps failing. I don't care if I lose everything, I need this back up asap. I don't care if it never gets rooted, I just need my phone for work.

(was just hoping to get wifi for my tablet while I'm out in the field...)

Is there something special that needs to be done to root a Sprint GS3? Most all the help I see is for the Verizon model.

Try rebooting your PC and using a Different USB port

Pilgrymm

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
As for the USB ports, I've tried several. Haven't tried rebooting yet though, I'll do that in a few. Currently downloading the stock Samsung UI off their site. I accidentally ran a Verizon copy and I don't know what it wiped before failing, so I'm going to flash to the stock then try to root again I guess. Does it require having USB debugging turned on? Because I think I forgot to do that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As for the USB ports, I've tried several. Haven't tried rebooting yet though, I'll do that in a few. Currently downloading the stock Samsung UI off their site. I accidentally ran a Verizon copy and I don't know what it wiped before failing, so I'm going to flash to the stock then try to root again I guess. Does it require having USB debugging turned on? Because I think I forgot to do that.
wow flashing a wrong file is a no no....
Samsung does not supply files to flash via odin so i do not know what you are downloading.
if odin is assigning your device a port then you should be ok without debugging

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, I was able to re-flash with a Samsung copy meant for Kies, with Odin. Odin can do .md5 files. I have it back into android now, and I will try and root again here in a few. I am issuing a huge PHEW.

These: Firmware archive | Samsung Updates
congrats, good to know , i have always dealt with verizon devices so i didnt know that about kies software but good to know.

Pilgrymm

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Well I was able to get everything fixed, then I followed the root guide here and voila! Thanks everyone, I can always count on android users.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez