Best Rom for Sprint GS3?

russellrd

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Carbon. A lot of the ROMs I tried, many apps didn't work or it crashed a lot. Carbon is okay, not too many crashes and all my apps work. Spotify stops playing on its own sometimes, it does crash (but gets back up quick) and sometimes I get some screen flickering (reboot fixes it). Honestly, there are a lot of problems with it, but it's the most stable one I've found...

EDIT: Check this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-any-custom-rom-does-everything-properly.html

I may try flashing that this weekend.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There's no such things as "best." There are lots of good ones, and which is "best" for you depends on what you're looking for, and maybe how many bugs you're willing to put up with. TW-based ROMs tend to be more stable and reliable on the GS3 than AOSP-based ROMs or CM ROMs. MOAR and Wicked Sensations are TW ROMs that are much faster and smoother than the stock ROM, so you might want to look at those.

But you can fix most of the lag from TW just by using a 3rd party launcher, like Nova, and changing a couple of settings in Developer Options, without rooting at all.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Also the lag can be fixed by going to settings, developer options and adjusting the transtition animation scale to .5. But with Wicked, I have had no lag at all.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked