Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #351  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Quote Originally Posted by brackett5 View Post
    Does the phone need to be put back to stock for just switching the phones to the other lines in my account??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    No... I have done it several times.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Spunk how is the SwampMonster rom running?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #353  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by phippsy84 View Post
    Spunk how is the SwampMonster rom running?
    Very nice. Why are you planning on getting a note2?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Very nice. Why are you planning on getting a note2?
    Thinking about it as a second phone to kind of tinker with. Also a buddy of mine has the Sprint note2 and was asking about roms and rooting after seeing mine running the wicked sensations.

Thank you very much. Super handy.

what is the best kernel for stock rooted mb1?
    i currently have the freeza optimized version of the stock one.
    thanx

Probably a noob question, but i am planning on flashing my first custom rom. I have a galaxy s 3 rooted (rooted with odin and clockwork mod, just so i can tether) Now I want to try a custom rom. It says I have to go in the bootloader and wipe data factory reset. I have previously backedup my custom recovery in clockworkmod into the internal memory as I do not have an external memory card. Does this mean that if i wipe or factory reset it will delete that backup. I ask this because if flashing the custom rom doesn't go well I want to be able to flash the backed up recovery again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Acosta1 View Post
    Probably a noob question, but i am planning on flashing my first custom rom. I have a galaxy s 3 rooted (rooted with odin and clockwork mod, just so i can tether) Now I want to try a custom rom. It says I have to go in the bootloader and wipe data factory reset. I have previously backedup my custom recovery in clockworkmod into the internal memory as I do not have an external memory card. Does this mean that if i wipe or factory reset it will delete that backup. I ask this because if flashing the custom rom doesn't go well I want to be able to flash the backed up recovery again.
    You flash the ROM from recovery. If you have the back up that you made in CWM then it will be safe. The factory reset, and cahe wipes cleans the phone of user apps and data for a clean install. Once the ROM boots you will have to log back into everything just you did when you 1st got the phone.

Sent from my GS3 running Wicked Sensations...
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #359  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Acosta1 View Post
    The Sprint gs3 has no bootloader. It boots directly into recovery.

I apologize if this is considered a necro to the thread, but I'm a bit of a latecomer to the S3. I had an LG Optimus S for a long time and quite enjoyed it once it was rooted and customized. The S3 is definitely a huge upgrade so please pardon my giddiness.

I was concerned at the lack of ROM threads, but it appears that most of the ROM activity is on XDA. Thanks for consolidating this information Skunkape60. I look forward to getting my new device rooted, getting rid of the bloatware, and exploring the options available.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415