Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

I was in the middle of downloading sonic .8 via goo when it suddenly stopped the dowoad ....now I can't even (in goo) get the search updates option to work!!! What did I do??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brackett5 View Post
    I was in the middle of downloading sonic .8 via goo when it suddenly stopped the dowoad ....now I can't even (in goo) get the search updates option to work!!! What did I do??

I would just download the ROM from the XDA thread. Clark44 said that he's removed Goo from the ROM since he's implemented Update Me into it instead.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I have team Sonics room as well. In a video there was jelly bean animations but I don't have them on my . Phone. Another thing. While I do love the toggles. They are even uglier than the original ones in touch wiz. Can I theme them in any way?
    Last edited by Tkbredx; 08-04-2012 at 02:19 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #104  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    I have team Sonics room as well. In a video there was jelly bean animations but I don't have them on my . Phone. Another thing. While I do love the toggles. They are even uglier than the original ones in touch wiz. Can I theme them in any way?
    the video you saw was v7. It was themed. They are currently working on getting the theme compatible with v8.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    the video you saw was v7. It was themed. They are currently working on getting the theme compatible with v8.

Last edited by bauer2; 08-04-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

God this rom is killing my battery. I'd still be around 90 normally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library-uploadfromtaptalk1344102086568.jpg  

Did you do a clean flash or did you just flash over .7?
    That's not normal for this room at all.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I didn't have .7

I rooted my phone yesterday. Couple hours later I installed this rom with out wiping anything. (The guy in the video said it wasn't necessary coming from stock)

Checked xda forums. A couple of people said their batteries were draining as well. Hopefully there's an update soon
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #110  
    Retired Ambassador

I didn't have .7

I rooted my phone yesterday. Couple hours later I installed this rom with out wiping anything. (The guy in the video said it wasn't necessary coming from stock)

Checked xda forums. A couple of people said their batteries were draining as well. Hopefully there's an update soon
    the battery issues are supposed to be figured out. Clark said he would push an OTA update with the fix. Check the update me app later to see if it's out later tonight. The problem from what I understand, the wifi continues to search for a connection even when you are already connected. It pings every 2 seconds...

Yeah some people are having same issue. He said he was working on a fix.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

the battery issues are supposed to be figured out. Clark said he would push an OTA update with the fix. Check the update me app later to see if it's out later tonight. The problem from what I understand, the wifi continues to search for a connection even when you are already connected. It pings every 2 seconds...

think he said it was gonna be an ota update. At most maybe wipe cache I would think.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bauer2 View Post
    think he said it was gonna be an ota update. At most maybe wipe cache I would think.
    I don't think it's really an ota but will be an update me update.

I don't think it's really an ota but will be an update me update.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bauer2 View Post
    Lol yeah yeah. It's almost the same thing. I'm really looking forward to the themes that will be coming soon for this rom.
    Already have one. Not as sweet as jelly bomb which is coming but at least it got rid on the green notification toggles.

Already have one. Not as sweet as jelly bomb which is coming but at least it got rid on the green notification toggles.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I'm starting to get nervous. Feels like I'll brick my phone sooner or later. I'm not sure, I just feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. With that being said I'm probably not going to unroot. Just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing from now on. So it might seem as if I am spamming you with loads of dumb questions.

With everything in the update me app we can flash over the rom without wiping?

I've heard many people say the best thing to do is back up and wipe for everything.

List of things I installed after rooting
    -team sonic room v8 (although if v9 or at least a v8 fix isn't it in 2 days I might unflash? Or whatever it takes to get it off my phone. Can't have a draining battery)
    -flashed the biz theme in the update me app
    -flashed the ui tweak to put the clock in the middle. (Notification toggles still themed. Actual bar like WiFi signal and battery are not)

I've done all of this without any wipes. Did I do something wrong?

The last time I backed up to twrp was right after I rooted. I backed up my system and apps with titanium yesterday.

This concludes my summary of ignorant flashing escapades. Thanks
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  
    Retired Ambassador

I'm starting to get nervous. Feels like I'll brick my phone sooner or later. I'm not sure, I just feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. With that being said I'm probably not going to unroot. Just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing from now on. So it might seem as if I am spamming you with loads of dumb questions.

With everything in the update me app we can flash over the rom without wiping?

I've heard many people say the best thing to do is back up and wipe for everything.

List of things I installed after rooting
    -team sonic room v8 (although if v9 or at least a v8 fix isn't it in 2 days I might unflash? Or whatever it takes to get it off my phone. Can't have a draining battery)
    -flashed the biz theme in the update me app
    -flashed the ui tweak to put the clock in the middle. (Notification toggles still themed. Actual bar like WiFi signal and battery are not)

I've done all of this without any wipes. Did I do something wrong?

The last time I backed up to twrp was right after I rooted. I backed up my system and apps with titanium yesterday.

This concludes my summary of ignorant flashing escapades. Thanks
    Relax. You can always go back. You didn't do anything wrong other than not making backup. Most simple mods can be flashed without wiping. The theme is really the only thing that i would have wiped anything on. That would have been cache an dalvic only.

The number one rule in flashing making backups before you flash anything. You really only need a Couple of working backups on your phone the rest can just be copied to your computer and from there I can already get back to where i want to be. I normally only keep the two most current ones on my phone. The rest are moved to my computer.

The battery life while may less than version 7, it isn't that bad. If Clark says he's working on it, then trust me he is.

As for titanium back up. I really wouldn't worry about backing up the system data. I would just backup your user data and carry on.

Anyway, what went wrong at first when the roms wouldn't boot for you? And what did to do to fix it.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 08-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Relax. You can always go back. You didn't do anything wrong other than not making backup. Most simple mods can be flashed without wiping. The theme is really the only thing that i would have wiped anything on. That would have been cache an dalvic only.

The number one rule in flashing making backups before you flash anything. You really only need a Couple of working backups on your phone the rest can just be copied to your computer and from there I can already get back to where i want to be. I normally only keep the two most current ones on my phone. The rest are moved to my computer.

The battery life while may less than version 7, it isn't that bad. If Clark says he's working on it, then trust me he is.

As for titanium back up. I really wouldn't worry about backing up the system data. I would just backup your user data and carry on.

Anyway, what went wrong at first when the roms wouldn't boot for you? And what did to do to fix it.

And Clark's great. Really making it easy for noobs like me

I'm just a power hungry user with no back up or extended batteries yet. So I need that awesome battery life that was in v7 I'm fine for now though. And I just thought there would be jelly bean animation. No real problems with booting the rom.

Edit: Clark said 8.1 should be available later on today and he's given it out for testing now. Cool. And Oh yeah. What the Hell is a super charger?
    Last edited by Tkbredx; 08-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Thanks.So as far as back ups go... should I go to the original room I backed up and start over so I can back up the other things or would that be over the top?

And Clark's great. Really making it easy for noobs like me

I'm just a power hungry user with no back up or extended batteries yet. So I need that awesome battery life that was in v7 I'm fine for now though. And I just thought there would be jelly bean animation. No real problems with booting the rom.

Edit: Clark said 8.1 should be available later on today and he's given it out for testing now. Cool. And Oh yeah. What the Hell is a super charger?
    I was wondering that myself...

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

If you want to go back to version v7 no need to go back to start. just download v7 put it on you ext sd or your internal (I perfer external.). Go into twrp and just wipe cache, dalvik, Factory reset and system (DO NOT FORMAT DATA IN TWRP). That's it! you are ready to flash v7. Don't try and over think things it really is pretty simple. Things such as themes nomally get cache and dalvik wiped first. mods and modems don't normally need any kind of wipes, just flash away.

As for backups. I would move your original one to your computer. I only keep my most recent 2 good backups. I don't back up the whole system in recovery for every little thing. once I got the rom setup the way I like it I back it up.

Things on my phone that get updated frequently(such as my check book) I back up daily or before flashing with titanium backup. All of my user apps I back up just the once as none of those setting matter as they are easily reset back up. While it is completely safe to restore apps in Titanium, when you restore the data some of it may be corrupted. I restore as little data as I can get away with.

After a little bit, you will learn figure out what works best for you as far as how often you backup.

As for bricking your device, here is some advice.

1. Don't be the first one to flash a new rom, kernel, mod or theme.
    2. always do some reading. See how it's working on other peoples phone first.
    3. don't volunteer to test things for someone unless you can afford to brick your phone without blaming the developer.
    4. always have at least one good backup on your phone

Follow these simple rules and you shouldn't have a problem.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Do I get v7 on the computer or can I use the update me app using the modem flash thing? Or is flashing a different modem different from flashing a different version of the rom?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #124  
    Retired Ambassador

Just relax... I'm testing it now... Been testing since around noon. doing great so far!
    Don't get version 7... Wait

Flashing a rom and a modem are two completely different things I also don't think you can use update me to go back to v7. you would have to download it and put it on your ext sd and flash it. Relax don't panic!!
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  
    Retired Ambassador

Start checking your phones for update v8.1 is out....
    Thanked by:
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast