Please help a noob...

Terry Turner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
I think i have killed my Galaxy S3 i9300!!! :'(
I rooted it and installed the Paranoid Android rom, but then decided to go back to stock rom as I couldn't access the play store.
Now here's the problem... I wiped dalvic cache and did a factory reset, but stupidly wiped the system at the same time.
There is no operating system on the phone at all now and my pc greys out the device when I plug it in.
Odin did recognize the phone, but I couldn't flash a rom to it as it kept getting stuck at 'nand write start' in all versions of odin.
When I try to start in recovery mode (volume up, power and home) I get the green android instead.
I read that it's game over if you can't enter recovery mode.
Have I killed my s3? :-\

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Put it into download mode and download the stock rom from the internet. Then you can connect to odin and flash it. You can't get into recovery mode because there is no recovery program.

And for your initial problem -- when you install Paranoid Android.. you need to flash gapps to be able to get to the play store

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Put it into download mode and download the stock rom from the internet. Then you can connect to odin and flash it. You can't get into recovery mode because there is no recovery program.

And for your initial problem -- when you install Paranoid Android.. you need to flash gapps to be able to get to the play store

Didn't PA used to come with gaaps pre installed?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If you give me your model number, I can give you a link to the return to stock tar file that you can flash in odin to restore your phone.

You can't flash a rom zip in odin. You need the tar version.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To the OP, I think your phone is salvageable. You just don't have a ROM to start the device. Flashing a proper ROM to your device should get you going. Skunkape is as good as they come, I would heed any advise he has.

To Skunk...glad to see you in the forums!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty