Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnathin15noob
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default has ANYONE successfully rooted GS3 sph L710(Sprint) running 4.3?

It seems att gs3 can be rooted but I can only get as far as a custom recovery. Anyone else have a successful method specific to sph L710???

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: has ANYONE successfully rooted GS3 sph L710(Sprint) running 4.3?

[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

This should help

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. But it seems like no one has made a root video or method AFTER the 4.3 update that works for Sprint sph L710.

Nothing has worked for me.

Edit: Nevermind

Edit: Talking out of my ***

See post #30, here: Possible method to root 4.3

It's worked for at least one person.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

hey @meyerweb, I'VE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED SPRINTS GALAXY S3 SPH L710 MK3(knoxed)! i couldn't have done it without your help and cnexus from xda and this thread and community.

Recovery: Philz recovery 6.0.0.8
    download stock mk3 rooted, knox remover, wifi fix, and supersu.

worked just as your instruction said. philz recovery seems to be the only difference i made. it is an amazing set up and recognizes internal and external memory perfectly. i'd suggest anyone who was having as hard as a time as i was to use philz!!! it's so good for this specific device... here's the link

donate! where you can when you can.
    meyerweb likes this.

GREAT!

Glad you got it working!
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by johnathin15noob View Post
    hey @meyerweb, I'VE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED SPRINTS GALAXY S3 SPH L710 MK3(knoxed)! i couldn't have done it without your help and cnexus from xda and this thread and community.

Recovery: Philz recovery 6.0.0.8
    download stock mk3 rooted, knox remover, wifi fix, and supersu.

worked just as your instruction said. philz recovery seems to be the only difference i made. it is an amazing set up and recognizes internal and external memory perfectly. i'd suggest anyone who was having as hard as a time as i was to use philz!!! it's so good for this specific device... here's the link

donate! where you can when you can.
    How did you do it? My wife's phone has 4.3 on it and I would like to try it on her's

Rob, see this thread, especially post #30.

Possible method to root 4.3

i rooted mine with safe root + disable KNOX. The files are in my mediafire account at: Just please download these into a separate folder. if you go to this video you can get in depth instructions on rooting it but do not download from his link:
    Last edited by SpeedUpThatPc; 03-30-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Global Posts
    1,426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUpThatPc View Post
    i rooted mine with safe root + disable KNOX. The files are in my mediafire account at: Just please download these into a separate folder. if you go to this video you can get in depth instructions on rooting it but do not download from his link:
    Please don't mirror anyone's work without permission, it doesn't bother me, but many devs dislike it, especially when you don't give credit so here's the original post.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.