****Official I Got My S3 Thread****

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This whole supply & demand issue is probably the best reason for NOT doing the pre order.................the carriers & manufactures are running to the bank with my hard earned money before I even get a device that isn't in their hands either ;)

......dem's runnin' to da bank...........*sting-a-ling* OUCH, dude! That stung!

JK.......lmao!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

easttazz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
IMAG0804-1.jpg

Bye bye ...evo 3d....

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
First few impressions:

The pebble blue is beautiful. Even though people are complaining about the plasticky look, the glossy back in this color looks great, and the slightly two-tone curve along the side is awesome. I did not use a case for my old Epic and it did get a few scuffs (though it did survive a couple bad falls), but putting a case on this is making me sad.

I hate the physical button in the context of such a big phone. I played with the Evo LTE at the store to get a sense of what it is like to operate a phone of a similar size with one hand, and reaching with my thumb to hit the capacitative buttons was fine. However, actually having to push down a physical button is uncomfortable (I have small hands), and this is made worse by a case.

Still getting used to the Touchwiz/ICS hybrid. There are a crazy number of customization options, gesture controls, voice commands (both Google and S-Voice) that will take a long time to figure out what works best for me. Some of the setting menus are huge! Luckily, I am a geek and working through these is part of the fun of getting a new phone, though I can imagine this being intimidating to someone new to the OS.

Because I heard the battery life is good, I am doing all the things I was never able to do on my Epic and get a full ~15 hour day of use: live wallpaper, multiple widgets, push e-mail, auto-brightness. The performance is still great, only limited by the speed of my internet connection, but we'll see how the battery holds up over a whole day of use today.

As for those people saying "I will never pre-order" because of the delays, I only have the phone in my hand because I pre-ordered. I saw what happened with the original Evo, so wanted to make sure I was not in the position of having to wait beyond the early adopters. You exchange the inconvenience of them charging you at the time of the pre-order with the knowledge that you will be among the first to get a phone that we all knew would be in incredibly high demand. Who knows when they will actually get them in the store.

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For all the people saying putting a case on the phone will make them sad, just buy a nice bumper :) You still get quite a bit of protection but also get to enjoy seeing the entire phone

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday! What a great treat after getting home from a 15 hour shift! Now, I haven't RTFM (cause no one really does anymore), but I might have to if no one is able to tell me; How in the world do I shut off that annoying "The folder is open/ The folder is closed" alert that the phone says when I open and close folders?!

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Picked up mines earlier from bestbuy in Westbury NY. Calles and they said they didnt have it. Waited about an hour and walked in the store. They were now opening the carton. I was the first. All the staff was all over looking at it. From there i drove into manhattan for a meeting that i was an hour late for. Here is the first pic i took with the camera as i was about to walk in for the meeting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ingry79

Ingry79

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
What beautiful pictures, I am just in awe to know that those pictures were taken with a cell phone who needs a point and shoot anymore. Is it true that you can talk and surf the web at the same time with this phone. One of my friends said you could do that with the new Evo 4g lte. Again my friend has been known to stretch the facts here and there. I am now leaning more towards the S3, can't wait for July 1 bye bye Evo 4g hello Samsung Galaxy S3.

tripsbacks

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It is just amazing how awesome this phone is. I used it for 30 minutes then went back to switch my original evo for my daughter and realized just how much of an upgrade it really is. I am so glad I added her to my plan and snuck in a pre order this past Monday morning. I have aleady had several people ask me what kind of phone is that? I was there on launch day to get the Palm Pre, but this is so much better to have it sent right to your door.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did the Blue phone come in a blue box? If so, can someone take a picture of the box. I know it sounds silly but I just want to see it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Did the Blue phone come in a blue box? If so, can someone take a picture of the box. I know it sounds silly but I just want to see it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

My friend sent me a picture of his to rub it in my face since I have to wait before getting my SGSIII.

View attachment 28454

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mak916

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My friend sent me a picture of his to rub it in my face since I have to wait before getting my SGSIII.

View attachment 28454

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Lol. Your friend is mean. But can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. I know when I get mine I'll be sending my brother a picture of mine. lol. Thanks for the picture.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana