Spam pop ups in the notification bar

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting spam pop ups in their notification bar? I have gotten 4 or 5 since I picked my phone up on Friday and can't seem to find a way to stop them. I never had this issue with my EVO3D and am wondering if somehow it is related to the fact that I am using the stock browser... I have always used Dolphin Browser before this. Advice is welcome please!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Some apps will push ads. Very annoying. You can download ad detector by look out mobile security.

What he said.
You downloaded something free from the app store. This is the tradeoff. My experience, the live wallpapers are the worst for this.
Get ad detector, find out what's doing it, then decide if you like the guilty app more than the ads.

Reactions: Trekker

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses guys. It turns out that there are two guilty apps and oddly enough one is android Central :) The other is Ringdroid and I will just delete it when I am done making all of my ring tones. Really appreciate the help.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hope this doesn't jinx me but I've been using the A.C. app and haven't been getting ads in the notification bar (thank God).

Ninjamonkeh

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I installed a live wallpaper from the playstore , it was a skull with blue fire , second I installed it i started getting ads in my notification. I removed it and havent got one since. might have just been a coincidence but better safe than annoyed all day.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, getting daily spam in the notification window. I used Lookout Ad Detector and found the guilty culprit: Go Launcher Ex Galaxy S3 Theme

I uninstalled it and was going to leave a 1 star review but you can't leave reviews unless you have the app/theme installed. I should have left the review before uninstalling.

jfa2012

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
i get the same as well.
i get notifications that are shaped like a text message but the edges of the text message icon is cut instead of a sharp edge. Also its in chinese when i check it with some numbers.

When i press it, it gives me two choices both in chinese.
i pressed the one on the left and it installed something on my phone which idk. then it came up again and i pressed the one on the right, it didnt do anything so probably that was like a "No thanks" button. And in my SD card, i cant get rid of this folder "KkDownApps". i think thats where that chinese thing was installed.. IT INSTALLED AN APPS LIKE A MESSENGER KIND.

i get these fake message notifications on random times of the day..

how do i get rid of it? please help!!

jfa2012

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes i tried, but i dont know what apps are causing it.
i have blackmart alpha and these are the apps i downloaded with blackmart alpha: tower defense, homerun battle 3d, draw something, kd collage, and other apps but i uninstalled them.

which of those apps could be a problem?

Andrew Harris1

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure if this has been posted before. I used the above mentioned ad blocker and again today I got more spam. However on my S4, I found that if I press on the spam message in the notification bar for a few seconds a little box appears say "Lookup app". This then told me which app sent it and I just un-install.

Thrillhouse617

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a video downloader that does this. Then I froze it ;) when I want y to use it, it does take a few steps but much better than push notification ads.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting spam pop ups in their notification bar? I have gotten 4 or 5 since I picked my phone up on Friday and can't seem to find a way to stop them. I never had this issue with my EVO3D and am wondering if somehow it is related to the fact that I am using the stock browser... I have always used Dolphin Browser before this. Advice is welcome please!

Try looking for Airpush in Play. That is one of the biggest ads in Android. Download (it's small) and open, click I don't want ads.