google wallet

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem as lmasieri.

Wasn't Sprint's Galaxy S3 supposed to have a functioning Google Wallet app? I remember the reviewers touting this as one of the advantages of Sprint's version.

I just updated, and it now tells me that the version I have installed is not supported, to upgrade to the latest version on Play Market. Play Market tells me I'm up to date. I tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and re installing the update, and nothing... strange.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem as lmasieri.

Wasn't Sprint's Galaxy S3 supposed to have a functioning Google Wallet app? I remember the reviewers touting this as one of the advantages of Sprint's version.
Have you updated your phone?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If your rooted and you get the "unsupported device? YOUR OK! Google wallet will still work. I just used it this morning. I haven't updated my Google Wallet so if you updated and it doesn't work then your on your own.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Agreed, my Google Wallet works fine, it's just odd having that pesky 'Unsupported Device' notification every time you open the app............but the app was also working fine (rooted) *before* the update.

Those of you that are already running the app + feel like rooting/flashing a ROM, a little caution:

You MUST reset Google Wallet prior to your flash/prior to rooting/loading custom recovery or Hard Resets OR ELSE you run the risk of borking the secure element that runs the app.

To reset Wallet:
1. open the app
2. from the app itself: navigate Menu / Settings / Reset Google Wallet
3. Go ahead + flash, make firmware changes, etc.
4. After your changes to the device, go ahead + open Wallet on your new setup: all is ok!

By taking this precaution, not only is Google Wallet protected but also your NFC secure element in your device as well.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: hiero

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Strangest thing.. I went to a Sprint store today to see what kind of cases they had and I saw the phone on display. I obviously tried to launch Google Wallet to see what would happen and to my surprise it worked! I checked in settings and it was running a different version of Google Wallet. Not the one that came with my phone, nor the updated one from Play Market. I can't remember the exact version, but it was weird how it worked in the display unit and not mine..

deboss

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've exhausted Sprint Customer Care and spent a couple of hours in my local Sprint store today. Still getting the "Update" message in GW. By the time I left Sprint, they said they just received a company wide memo recognizing the problem and they are waiting for Samsung to address it. He also reminded me I have only 12 more days to return my phone. Bummer.

deboss

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Google Wallet just started working for me as soon as I created a Samsung Account. I can't believe that has anything to do with it, but I've been on the phone with Sprint for hours about this issue, in their store for 2 hours and chatting with Samsung for 30 minutes. It actually started working while I was chatting with Samsung.

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
[RESOLVED]

I contacted Google Wallet support and they told me to do the following (which I had done already before, but this time seemed to work)

1) Go to Settings -> System Update -> Update Samsung Software
2) Press "check now"
4) Back out, to Settings -> Application Manager -> Wallet
5) Force stop
6) Try wallet again

Wallet is finally working now!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
[RESOLVED]

I contacted Google Wallet support and they told me to do the following (which I had done already before, but this time seemed to work)

2) Press "check now"
5) Force stop
6) Try wallet again

Mine is working now after doing this as well!!!

He'll yea!

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

Disturbd1

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
[RESOLVED]

2) Press "check now"
5) Force stop
6) Try wallet again

Confirmed. Oh, and mine is rooted as well, with LF9 update applied.

neoflasher

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
[RESOLVED]

2) Press "check now"
5) Force stop
6) Try wallet again

Working for me as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress