Is there a free Office Suite with GSIII?

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from an Epic 4G to the Galaxy S3. The Epic 4G came with Thinkfree Office Mobile, a suite of programs to view and edit Excel, Word, and Power point files on the Epic 4G.

What is the equivalent program on the GS3? When I open an Excel file on the GS3, I can view it with Polaris viewer, and there is a splash screen which recommends Polaris Office for editing such files. It also indicates that Polaris Office an be downloaded from the Samsung More Service. I tried looking for Polaris Office on the Samsung App site, but it is not there.

Any advice?

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm more peeved that the GS3 makes reference to getting a free version of Polaris Office whenever I try to open an Excel file, and yet when I go to the Samsung App store, it is NOT there.

There's a free version of Documents To Go, if that helps. Paid version allows full editing. Can't tell you if they'll work on the GSIII (I'm assuming they will).

Documents To Go

CS

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm more peeved that the GS3 makes reference to getting a free version of Polaris Office whenever I try to open an Excel file, and yet when I go to the Samsung App store, it is NOT there.

That's interesting. I didn't even know they had their own app store. :p Man, I need my phone!! I'm basing all of this on my ICS TouchPad!

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
If you like thinkfree office the paid version is only $8-$9 bucks.

Currently there are a couple other office suites with $0.99 promos going in the play store.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
On the Galaxy Note, polaris office is preinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you recommend any particular one? I just need to be able to edit Word, Excel (and occasionally power point) files.

If you like thinkfree office the paid version is only $8-$9 bucks.

Currently there are a couple other office suites with $0.99 promos going in the play store.

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
That's my issue. The GS3 mentions that you can download Polaris Office from Samsung More Apps, but it's not there. There should be link to it or it should be preinstalled on the GS3.

On the Galaxy Note, polaris office is preinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hallelujah,

In the Samsung More App (store), they have a free program called Smart Office which allows you to view and edit Microsoft Office docs. It is currently free.

Click on Samsung Apps, then scroll the tap banner to the left until you get to SPECIAL OFFER Galaxy S3 Launching Celebration. Click on that, then scroll down until you see Smart Office.

That's my issue. The GS3 mentions that you can download Polaris Office from Samsung More Apps, but it's not there. There should be link to it or it should be preinstalled on the GS3.

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I just downloaded Polaris Office from Samsung Apps. Can I now delete/freeze Polaris Viewer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith