usb mount drive issue

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues when connecting their phone to their PC and trying to sync files? It seems to connect and disconnect randomly.

I have rebooted the computer, the phone, tried different USB cable, different computers, and it's all the same. Can't really manipulate files from my computer.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
"With ICS, users will notice quite a bit of changes. One subtle change present on most devices is that UMS (USB Mass Storage) has been removed. In its place, users will find that their devices connect to computers via MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)."

Above, from the lead article in today's XDA news.

........similarly, when you connect your device to your PC since there is no 'mounting' of the device via the usb port, very likely you won't be able to 'remove the samsung device from USB Mass Storage' as there is no mass storage but rather a media device instead.

Yup, time to gather up some research about MTP.

All that said, I have been able to enter the SGSIII's internal SD Memory + transfer files around fine.......same with external SD card. Perhaps you need to access device manager on your PC + update your device drivers for the SGSIII from your PC. Hopefully, this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez