Text notifications won't clear

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it sometimes, when you go into the new message pull down notification bar. Mine goes away that way,

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Weird I don't know, have you tried a SMS app from play, what'd you do before it started happening, or has it always done it

DEAD SE-RIOUS

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
it just started last night far as i can remember. i havent added anything to the phone, apps or such. i use the regular text app on the home page.....but it just wont clear. always seems to leave 1 icon as tho i can a message...but there is nothing there. its driving me nuts....

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing cache in message app. And maybe data. As long as none are important

scavin89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
mine is also doing this with messages phone calls and emails seems only way to get it off is to drop icon off screen and re drop back on

Crvtt26

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you gone into the developer options and chose the option under Apps "Do not keep Activities?" I had the same problem and I unchecked that box and it fixed the problem once i got a new message or restarted it and haven't had that problem since.

mjc_co

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Try going into your settings and uncheck the auto-retrieve box and change the creation mode to free. That did it for me.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings>Application manager. Move over to All and then down to BadgeProvider. Clear data and Force stop. Reboot the phone and see if it is correct.

Ender153

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Same thing has been happening to me. Has been driving me nuts for months. Finally solved it. It's your FB messages from the app. Go to Apps>Settings>Application manager> All> Facebook. Clear the data and force stop. You have to relog into the Facebook app but that should solve your problem

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I do not have a "Badge Provider" in my app options. Could it be anything else?
Are you sure you're looking under the ALL tab?
4yja6u9y.jpg
What about under the TURNED OFF tab?

If you're using the stock Messaging app it's unlikely to be anything else unless you're using a 3rd party launcher - is that the case?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana