Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I am feeling pretty damned dumb.... I did exactly as directed and followed post #2.... I hit update from external storage after I copied and pasted... after I hit the update from external storage it brought up another menu, so I hit what was already highlighted...the little android did his thing with the spinning tummy. I went to sleep and when I woke up, he was still spinning. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Below is the link to the youtube video, to walk you through all the steps (shout out to QBKing77 for posting this great video!). I just downloaded the update to my computer, hooked up my phone and copy and pasted the zip file to my SD card. After you do that I recommend you watch the video.

Manually Update to Official Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

breannjohnson68

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

wmedina52

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
not in Tn \... what the hell is sprint wating for. they act like its ok to be behind. treat up dates like they are some kind of xmas present.by thwe time its released it will be out of date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
not in Tn \... what the hell is sprint wating for. they act like its ok to be behind. treat up dates like they are some kind of xmas present.by thwe time its released it will be out of date.

Be behind? If I'm not mistaken Sprint is the only carrier currently pushing jelly bean OTA to galaxy s3s... :confused:.

It's coming out in batches.. Either wait or go to the link below, download the zip, and install. It's really easy and it's what I did. The zip is the exact same thing your phone would receive OTA.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2261542
Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated mine, its really good!
And the one thing I'm really surprised by is that sprint took all of there bloatware out except the voicemail app. So its as stock as your going to get from a US carrier!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To anyone who is still waiting for the OTA: Why? There are numerous posts available to easily walk you through it manually. It's the OFFICIAL upgrade!!!!!! There are several links to a wonderful video walk-through from QBKing77 (one in bearballz72's post above). It even mentions a reference for rooted phones. So stop posting that you don't have the OTA and get busy. You'll love it!

STOP WAITING AND DO IT!

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys I need help. I tried to do Force Stop/Clear Cache on Google Framework Service, and I don't know if I pressed something wrong, but now when I hit "Update Samsung Software", it crashes saying the com.samsung.syncservice has stopped and I cant find Google Framework Service anymore, it's just gone. I am on stock unrooted ROM and with google framework service missing, I am afraid if I try to go the manual route, I could brick my device. Any advice please??

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
........stop posting that you don't have the OTA and get busy........
The thread topic says
Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?
so it isn't like I went out of my way to state I haven't received my OTA update.

And seeing that sprint has made it known that if anything gets messed up by doing the update any other way than their way my phone will not be covered under warranty. I'm not in any hurry to do anything. In fact I'd love to wait and let others be the beta testers if I had the choice.

ce2dope

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I call bs

Sent from my SGS3!

What a silly thing to say. Who would make up something like getting an update for your cell phone? And yes, I did get it then.

I don't think where you are has anything to do with it. Because in the past with other phones it was never consistent with other Sprint locals in Philly. I'm guessing Sprint has some really random way of grouping you. Maybe from when you signed up for service? Been with Sprint Mobile since 2000. Wouldn't make sense to send them all out to customers in same area, as it would take up a crap ton of bandwidth on the towers if a thousand customers were all dloading a 750 mb file at the same time. And I live in downtown Philly so lots of us piggyback on the same towers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The thread topic says so it isn't like I went out of my way to state I haven't received my OTA update.

And seeing that sprint has made it known that if anything gets messed up by doing the update any other way than their way my phone will not be covered under warranty. I'm not in any hurry to do anything. In fact I'd love to wait and let others be the beta testers if I had the choice.

Please explain... Sprint allows you to root your phone and still warranty the phone. And yet will deny your warranty by installing the exact same software in a way that could be much safer and consistent way.

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Please explain... Sprint allows you to root your phone and still warranty the phone. And yet will deny your warranty by installing the exact same software in a way that could be much safer and consistent way.
A members post got edited on the sprint forum when he provided a link to the download and how-to that everyone seems to be doing to their S3's. Afterward, a Sprint rep stated;
Mandatory Disclaimer:

Installing the update through any other means other than an OTA push cannot be guaranteed to work on your device or be the correct update. Receiving the update through any other means is not supported and could potentially have issues. Likely it will not, but this disclaimer must be here. Do not expect Sprint to exchange a phone or so anything with a device that received the update through any other method (such as an XDA file), Sprint is within guidelines to deny service or repair/replacement to a phone that has had software loaded on it through an unsupported means.

Interpret that as you wish. But as I stated earlier, I am not in a hurry to change the firmware on my phone. I prefer to have a stable platform and like to upgrade/update only after a new release of something has been out for a bit. I do not like being an alpha tester.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been rocking it aosp style, touchwiz is just way to resource heavy for me.

Don't bash me just yet either, Samsung has released the jellybean source code for any dev that is interested so things just got serious.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SlothSprint

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, go to Application Manager, select "All" at the top, scroll down to "Google Services Framework", select "clear data", hit OK, select "force restart", hit OK, go back to settings, select "system update", select "update Samsung software", hit "check now".

Repeat from beginning if it doesn't work.

Took me about 10 times, but it worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87