Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If I do a factory reset will my device read as "normal"? I never changed from stock I only rooted my device and even though I unrooted it still reads "modified"

It will say modified until you do 2 things in this order.

1. Use triangle away to clear your counts

2. Flash a stock tar image in Odin.

mrfoo84

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Birmingham, AL. I tried the Google services framework trick a few times and I am now downloading ota!!!!!!!! Thanks for that advice!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Kelton312

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for the OTA... Tried updating manually too many time to count and it just fails, bad certificate. Tried clearing Google framework like 50 times now and nothing.

ibew697

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, go to Application Manager, select "All" at the top, scroll down to "Google Services Framework", select "clear data", hit OK, select "force restart", hit OK, go back to settings, select "system update", select "update Samsung software", hit "check now".

Repeat from beginning if it doesn't work.

Took me about 10 times, but it worked!

^^^this^^^ about 8 tries and now typing with "jelly bean" phone. Northwest Indiana (Chicago Market) Go Bears!

LabRat-517

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting too. Tried the Google thing probably a dozen times. Certificate failure.
I even did a factory reset. Still failed.
I'm in DC area.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to sumpm I have Jelly Bean. I couldn't wait for the OTA update so I did it manually. It's a piece of cake to do and I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it sooner. It's much easier and extremely faster if you have a computer to do it (I'm talking less than 10 minutes). However, if you are away from your computer I believe it's still plausible to do, but it just takes a while. Just click the link on your phone to initiate download. Once downloaded, go to downloads, select file and share it with dropbox. The reason you have to do this is because there is no way to move the file to an sd card (that I know of). Once the file is uploaded to dropbox, long press the file in dropbox and export it to sd card. From there just follow instructions as is and you will have yourself some Jelly Bean. Keep in mind I didn't do it this way myself, I did it the good old fashioned (easy) way. Just an avenue for those of you who are at "work."
http://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS3/comments/124wej/how_to_update_your_unrooted_stock_sprint_galaxy/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351452641314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351452641314.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 38

LabRat-517

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally Installed!!!!

Kept getting signature verification error. Tried the Google clearing thing numerous times.
I read a post on XDA from someone stating that he cleared everything else off the Ext\Sd\Card,
except the update.
I tried it and it worked first time. S3 just rebooted and is upgrading as I write this.
Just checked version.-- 4.1.1
Hope this helps!!

skiskilo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to sumpm I have Jelly Bean. I couldn't wait for the OTA update so I did it manually. It's a piece of cake to do and I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it sooner. It's much easier and extremely faster if you have a computer to do it (I'm talking less than 10 minutes). However, if you are away from your computer I believe it's still plausible to do, but it just takes a while. Just click the link on your phone to initiate download. Once downloaded, go to downloads, select file and share it with dropbox. The reason you have to do this is because there is no way to move the file to an sd card (that I know of). Once the file is uploaded to dropbox, long press the file in dropbox and export it to sd card. From there just follow instructions as is and you will have yourself some Jelly Bean. Keep in mind I didn't do it this way myself, I did it the good old fashioned (easy) way. Just an avenue for those of you who are at "work."
How to update your unrooted stock Sprint Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean : GalaxyS3

You can move the .zip using My Files or another file manager. I always do the updates from my phone manually this way. Works great and saves time.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally Installed!!!!

Kept getting signature verification error. Tried the Google clearing thing numerous times.
I read a post on XDA from someone stating that he cleared everything else off the Ext\Sd\Card,
except the update.
I tried it and it worked first time. S3 just rebooted and is upgrading as I write this.
Just checked version.-- 4.1.1
Hope this helps!!

I was under the impression that you must have your ext sd card formatted FAT32. Is this still the assumption? Does wiping the card of all data except the update get around this problem. Mine is a San Disk 64 gb class 10 card, and I put the update in the root directory, along side all my media storage folders. When I tried to install the update from stock recovery, I got an error "E: failed to mount /sdcard (invalid argument)" as soon as I tried the boot from external storage option in stock recovery. I posted my problem and was told that most likely my card was pre formatted exFat and I need to buy a stand alone card reader to reformat the card to FAT 32. However looking through all the posts since Friday I see barely a mention of other folks having this problem. Help! That huge zip file is just sitting there not being unpacked and installed. And this Google services framework thing hasn't worked out for me yet. Are you supposed to clear data, force stop, then restart phone? Or check for samsung software updates first? Any direction would be appreciated

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64