Sprint galaxy s3 jelly bean battery drain

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that this will only address issues where Media is the number one process on the phone. And from what I've heard it absolutely works. The issue I'm having (and its possible others are as well) is that Maps is actually my highest useage (when I look at the battery info through the settings menu). However, if I look at my battery using GSam Battery Monitor I see that my highest app usage is actually the Kernel. When I look at the sub-processes included in the Kernel I see about 20 or so "Kworker" with various letters and number after. I've been unable to uncover what the cause of this is. What I will say is that disabling the Samsung sync made it part of the way better, but not back to my expectation.

Maps was my problem as well! I looked at everything, diabled the cache and stopped the process and it didn't clear up the problem. This is why I'm telling people that if you have problems after JB, you may have to reset the phone other than reformatting the SD card! I did both, resetted and reformatted and my phone is working beautifully!

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Reset meaning a factory reset and all setting and programs wiped, not a restart? I'm thinking I would like to do this and reformat my SD card. Two questions, (1) How do you do a reset and (2) Does this reset leave Jelly Bean installed and just wipe to factory + Jelly bean?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Reset meaning a factory reset and all setting and programs wiped, not a restart? I'm thinking I would like to do this and reformat my SD card. Two questions, (1) How do you do a reset and (2) Does this reset leave Jelly Bean installed and just wipe to factory + Jelly bean?

Factory reset will just remove all of the user installed apps and user data. You will have to sign in and setup your phone just like you did when you bought it. The only thing different is you won't need to activate it as that only gets done once.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
@Groove...did you reformat through phone or pc??

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

I actually reformatted my 64gb card through my phone. I used my old 32gb SD card from my old Epic 4G to upgrade to JB since thats formatted in fat32. My Epic is rooted with CM9.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I did all this stuff on my S3 and Hard Reset afterwards and still a battery hog. The only thing that makes my battery last anywhere near what it did on ICS is turning OFF Google Now. Today I did nothing on my phone seens how I was out on a job out off office. I sent about a dozen texts and a few pics and that was all. No WiFi all day, just got home.

Here is where I am at...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352147618511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352147618511.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 53

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I did all this stuff on my S3 and Hard Reset afterwards and still a battery hog. The only thing that makes my battery last anywhere near what it did on ICS is turning OFF Google Now. Today I did nothing on my phone seens how I was out on a job out off office. I sent about a dozen texts and a few pics and that was all. No WiFi all day, just got home.

Here is where I am at...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

What exactly did you do to try and remedy your problem? Can you tell us?

barney_rebel

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue, and not having the SD card in at all solves my problem. The instant I install Google Music and play any MP3s, Media or Media Server because a huge pig. The files are stored on internal, and nothing on my SD card

I have a feeling it's a corrupt MP3 file.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I ran into Media Server running nonstop, killing my battery life. I did a quick search and ran across something that mentioned Google Now is a pig. You can shut it off when not using it by going into Google Now>Settings>set slider to off. I installed it a couple days ago and my battery was getting sucked dry pretty quick in half a day. I will turn it on when I need to see traffic levels on my to/from work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38