Battery issues with last update?

gford2022

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
Running version One UI 5.1
Android Version 13
Kernel Version
Galaxy S22+

My battery has been drainign fast since the last update.
Anyone else having the same issue.
I could go an hour or more with just a 1% drop in battery life.
Now it drains almost 10% with no usage

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, now that you brought it up...

I just checked GSam battery monitor & my s22 Ultra's battery life has taken a big hit. I guess I'll clear the cache partition & see if that helps.

😔

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Clearing my cache partition really helped improve the battery after the August update.

Haven't noticed any decrease in battery life (at least not yet) on the recent September update!
clearing cache partition by going into save mode, correct?

are you implying the battery was a drain until after you cleared the cache partition?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
clearing cache partition by going into save mode, correct?

are you implying the battery was a drain until after you cleared the cache partition?
Screenshot_20230926_202224_Samsung Internet.jpg
Cache Partition in Android Recovery.

I'm saying that after the update, my battery showed more drain than usual. Updates usually reduce battery life until the update & device settle in together. That usually takes a few days. However, things were not improving for me. I cleared the cache partition thru recovery & things improved.

I always wipe the cache partition on major updates, but not usually on monthly updates. This time, it was needed, but as all things, YMMV.
:)

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 356352
Cache Partition in Android Recovery.

I'm saying that after the update, my battery showed more drain than usual. Updates usually reduce battery life until the update & device settle in together. That usually takes a few days. However, things were not improving for me. I cleared the cache partition thru recovery & things improved.

I always wipe the cache partition on major updates, but not usually on monthly updates. This time, it was needed, but as all things, YMMV.
:)
ok thanks, i will wipe cache partition and monitor the battery consumption afterward.

** update **
i haven't really noticed much improvement after wipe cache partition.

Last edited: