Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Major graphics issues since jelly bean update.

I recently tried to play sg deadzone and noticed a frame rate issues like my phone would only go five frames at a time while playing the game. I then tried contract killer 2 and the same problem. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Default Re: Major graphics issues since jelly bean update.

I'm noticing the same issue with my Sprint GSIII. The only game I have noticed any problems with however is Deadzone. Tried reinstalling multiple times as well as a factory reset on the phone, and nothing would help. Now on the other hand the game plays perfectly fine on my Transformer Prime with Jelly Bean. All other games seem to work fine on my s3 accept for deadzone.

When i play, the graphics leave trails behind everything and there are artifacts that show up all the time. I can play the normal shadowgun without a problem and the trailing/artifacts only show up when i'm in a match.

Not really sure what's going on here.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah its the same thing your explianing. I tired mc3 and the game resized as if I was playing 2 player on my phone. Gta3 works 100%. Mass efeect works 100%.

I really hope this is fixed rather soon. I would like being able to play deadzone on my gs3 more than my prime honestly.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'd be surprised if it's only 2 people dealing with this there has to be more people are having the same issue it seems like it's going to have to be updated by the game makers and not Google. Total bummer I waited a long time for that game.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by domdthereal View Post
    I'd be surprised if it's only 2 people dealing with this there has to be more people are having the same issue it seems like it's going to have to be updated by the game makers and not Google. Total bummer I waited a long time for that game.
    I'm not a gamer.. I think the only game I have on my phone is solitaire.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

ROM
    Stock

I'm having this issue as well with Dead Trigger, Shadowgun and NBA 2K13. They really need to fix this.
    Sent from my MoPho

I'm having the exact same issues on my droid razr m. It's definitely a bummer

I HAVE FOUND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO THE TRAILS/ GRAPHIC ISSUE! Go into the play store and download an app called screen filter by haxor industries and set your filter to whatever brightness you want and bam! The trails were gone when i was playing deadzone!

I just bought a Galaxy S3, all updates, first game I tried was sg deadzone, and then the zombie one both looked amazing game and then I get framerate issues, or something, looks like the game screen is lagging. Sucks balls, but thanks to buddys dim screen app it works now perfect, only thing that sucks is that t he friggin screen is so dim I have to play at night or in the closet..... none the less it works, if there is something better that will let me have max brightness I would love to try it out, buddies s2x plays the games perfect no screen dim app I dont get it lol thanks tho for the quick fix!!

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Settings -> Developer Options -> Checkmark Force GPU rendering (It stays checked with reboot)

Settings -> Developer Options -> Checkmark Disable hardware overlays (DOES NOT stay checked after reboot - have to check it each time)

The hardware overlays is a known bug - bug reports have been filed

Disable hardware overlays checkmark will slow down your graphics performance on menu's, launcher, etc - not much, but you will notice a difference.
    I've found that the hardware overlays checkmark is necessary to play some games though.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016

The games I've found that need to have hardware overlay disabled are Dead Trigger, Contract Killer 2, and Avengers Initiative.

You have to uncheck that option after playing though or other apps like youtube start having issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

@doesitmatter. Thank you! This fixed dead trigger and shadow gun