How do I see which apps are keeping my phone awake when it is idle/not in use?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just curious because I see in the battery info that my phone is awake sometimes when it is idle/not in use and I just am wondering which apps are the cause of it. Thanks to anyone that can help!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Should be in battery ussage settings. It's a little deep in the menu but there. I'm hmmm or sire of exact steps in touchwiz though. Sorry.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Gsam battery monitor from the play store. It goes more in depth than the standard battery stats screen does and can show you which specific app is sucking your battery and keeping the phone awake.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Should be in battery ussage settings. It's a little deep in the menu but there. I'm hmmm or sire of exact steps in touchwiz though. Sorry.

There is no "battery usage" setting I'm aware of. Only the "battery" which does not give you many details. I have GSam Battery Monitor also though...

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Like zhara mentioned, download gsam battery monitor. Then once downloaded open the app and go to:
1) App Sucker - Time Held Awake from dropdown (Take screenshot)
2) App Sucker - Num Times waking Device (Take screenshot)

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The info is in the same place. You just might have slightly different titles on your settings. You could always Google it.

kvelez

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock Detector is the way to go. Media Scanner was keeping mine up due to corrupt MP3 file. Only problem I have now is that the deleted file will undelete itself every couple of days.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Wakelock Detector is the way to go. Media Scanner was keeping mine up due to corrupt MP3 file. Only problem I have now is that the deleted file will undelete itself every couple of days.

How did you find out exactly which file it was?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch