mobile networks
network mode
tap LTE/CDMA
Restart.

If you still don't see 4G in the status bar, then you aren't in a 4G area

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I tend to think Sprints maps are a bit on the exaggerated side.
I too live in an area with 4G coverage but it never connects. However at work i get 4G LTE connection so i know my phone is working fine..

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes a reboot helps too. At times my phone is on 4G and my wife's is stuck on 3G, but it will find the extra G after a reboot. :)

AJC1973

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
toggle in and out of airplane mode resets the radios and usually causes lte to connect.. its not 100% but most of the time

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You guys do know the S3 only gets lte and not 4g wimax right. So unless your city has lte deployed, which is in very few cities right now you will only get 3g.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Grayson Sheridan

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My Photon from Motorola picked up the 4G just fine. I understand we don't yet have LTE here though and am only getting 3G service. Do I switch the setting off of LTE???

gotchya

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
You can try but if your getting 3g I would leave the settings alone... if it ain't broken don't fix it!!! And I'm pretty sure 4g is LTE or vise versa... correct me if I am wrong...

On my Sprint S3 flashed to vzw if I turn LTE capabilities on then I don't get **** for data... same if I set to CDMA/LTE thru ##DATA# hidden menu...

Its my rule not to screw with anything if its working man... if ur referring to turning on/off the 4G in the reg settings then leave it off or u will just be wasting battery for no reason if u don't have it in ur area...

I WOULD LIKE TO KNO HOW SPRINT IS ALLOWED TO REFER TO THEIR LTE AS TRUE 4G WHEN IT ISNT (AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND). SPRINT BULLSH?TS COVERAGE TO THE FRICKEN MAX... WHICH IS Y I FLASHED TO VZW.

asbarrett

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
You can try but if your getting 3g I would leave the settings alone... if it ain't broken don't fix it!!! And I'm pretty sure 4g is LTE or vise versa... correct me if I am wrong...

On my Sprint S3 flashed to vzw if I turn LTE capabilities on then I don't get **** for data... same if I set to CDMA/LTE thru ##DATA# hidden menu...

Its my rule not to screw with anything if its working man... if ur referring to turning on/off the 4G in the reg settings then leave it off or u will just be wasting battery for no reason if u don't have it in ur area...

I WOULD LIKE TO KNO HOW SPRINT IS ALLOWED TO REFER TO THEIR LTE AS TRUE 4G WHEN IT ISNT (AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND). SPRINT BULLSH?TS COVERAGE TO THE FRICKEN MAX... WHICH IS Y I FLASHED TO VZW.

You will never, ever get Verizon LTE on a Sprint Galaxy S3. The Sprint version doesn't have the right radio.

Also what's this about Sprint LTE not being "real 4G"? Technically, noone has real 4G since the original spec was for 100Mbps. It got changed because carriers. LTE = 4G no matter how you slice it. The only "fake" 4G that was rolling around with T-Mobile calling HSPA+ 4G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member