1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get WiFi to stay on.

Hello all, I'm having WiFi connect issues. I recently converted back to a stock ROM coming from cm 10. I notice now that WiFi on my phone has trouble connecting to my home WiFi network when it bounces back from being on 3g.

I usually restore my wireless settings from titanium backup and it has always worked before. But this time after being on 3g for a while, when it switches over to WiFi, it gives me an authentication failure message and it won't connect. So from there I attempted to manually enter my security password, which worked. But over time, switching back and fourth between WiFi and 3g throughout the day, it will stop syncing to the Wi-Fi as if it can't sign in and connect to the router.

I even did a factory reset and restored the Wi-Fi settings from my backed up data from Google servers and this worked for a time but yet again over time the WiFi stopped connecting.

I have reset all the settings on my home WiFi network, reinstalled everything. Is there anything else I could be doing? I've been working on this for the last three days with no luck.

Ant help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Can't get WiFi to stay on.

Since restoring your wifi settings from backup isn't working, I'd suggest deleting the wifi setup from your phone and rebuilt it manually.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3