Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By moosc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Navigation battery drain

Besides Google maps and televav.. What navigation app does anyone recommend that doesn't drain so much battery

Cash Money Castro
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: Navigation battery drain

Don't think any. Screen GPS cellular are huge battery killers. Even being plugged battery drains

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    bdecastro77 likes this.

You need a better car charger. I have a 1 amp charger, and I can run Pandora and Google Nav simultaneously and still charge the battery. Very slowly, but nonetheless, it's charging, not discharging.

To the OP, the only real answer is to use a car charger and plug in during nav.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Google NAVIGATION! I'm pretty sure it's still in beta with a few bugs, but it's awesome and I love it and unlike Google Maps, it gives turn by turn directions. I had my battery only drain 15-20% during an hour and a half car ride with GPS, Google Nav and the screen on the whole time.

YOu could also try to cache the maps on y our device. If the maps were loaded on your device this would save the energy the cellular radio would use to update the maps and transfer all that data back and forth..
    Thats where a Garmin or TomTom app would come in handy.. Large detailed maps you pre-download..
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    YOu could also try to cache the maps on y our device. If the maps were loaded on your device this would save the energy the cellular radio would use to update the maps and transfer all that data back and forth..
    Thats where a Garmin or TomTom app would come in handy.. Large detailed maps you pre-download..
    How do i do this please

Cash Money Castro