Which phone and Why Sprint S3 or LG Optimus G

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have someone that wants to trade me a Sprint S3 for my LG Optimus G. Both phones are for Sprint. I was just wondering what the main reason you would choose one or the other. I do like the Optimus G but am not a true phone Guru so I was just wondering everyones thoughts on one or the other. The main difference I do know is my Optimus G is a quad core which I actually dont even know what the advantages are. I also noticed that the S3 has way more cases and accessories I guess being the popularity reason. Thanks for your help.:)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

kjdemuth

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Specs
Lg Optimus Galaxy S3
Operating system: Android 4.0 Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Battery information: 2100 mAh 2100 mAh Lithium Ion Battery
Talk time Up to: 13 Hours Up to 9 Hours
Dimensions: 5.19" x 2.71" x 0.33" 5.4? x 2.8? x 0.3?
Display: 4.7" 1280X768 (WXGA) 4.8" (1280x720) HD Super AMOLED Touch Screen
Weight: 5.11 oz 4.7 oz
Processor: 1.5 GHz Quad Core 1.5 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 2GB RAM /32GB ROM 16GB or 32GB ROM / 2GB RAM. Supports up to 64GB MicroSD card

So clearly the galaxy has a larger screen, weighs less, supports a SD card. LG has a quad proc and longer battery life.
I tend to use a lot of apps and photos so being able to use a SD card is big for me. That and the larger screen. The bigger the better. Also as you said there are more accessories for the Galaxy S3.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have any input? I am suppose to trade my LG Optimus G tonight for an S3. Just making sure I am not making a mistake. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the Optimus G when I upgraded, but there was a tonne of talk about probably not being able to unlock the bootloader. I watched the OptiG forums at XDA for about a month before I decided that it probably wasn't going to happen. Plus, the reviews about the camera were pretty bad, considering the size of the sensor. So I went with the GS3. Now, they do have the bootloader (fastboot) unlocked (for a dollar), but developement isn't what it should be. So I personally think the GS3 is better because of the developement and dev support.

Just an opinion: LG screwed the pooch by locking the bootloader. It scared a lot of people away from the OptiG. They had a chance to break out into the big leagues and blew it.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Sacramento. It's highly unlikely we live near each other. One big benefit of the S3 is all of the custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to consider is if LG is going to support the phone with future updates long term (a year, maybe two)? We've already seen the SIII get JB 4.1.1, and hopefully the 4.1.2 update which is the premium suite upgrade will be dropping within the next couple of weeks as well.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 is already leaked you can get it now if you are rooted in the S3. Samsung guarantees updates for 18 months on their premium devices. The Optimus G should do fairly well on updates considering it is pretty much the Nevis 4 and they made the Nexus this year. Samsung used to be bad at updates until they made the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Both are very good devices. What you really need to do is read the reviews for each, spend some time in both forums learning about the features each offers, and then decide if one phone or the other has a feature (or features) that's really important to you. No one else here is exactly like you, so what makes one phone better for someone else may not be very important to you.

One reason I chose the S3 was the tremendous support it has, not just on forums like this, but from third party manufacturers. I think there are more accessories available for the S3 than any device except the iPhone. That might or might not matter to you.

crwolv

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
first I will give you fact and then I will give you my opinion and I am a senior member at X d a developers in day former contributor for Android creative syndicate. fact....snapdragon s4pro quad core is the fastest chip in the world, it Handley takes Tegra quad and Samsung Exynos quad. easily. now I do prefer pentile amoled screens but I own both phones .now the Optimus actually has a higher resolution but lESS pixels per inch sgs3 is 320 is 318(LGOG,OPTIMUS NICKNAME IN WHICH MY THREAD ON XDA MADE THE OFFICIAL NICKNAME STICK) woohoo....well enough with narcissism,lol. the optimist is crystal clear and you can see it much much better in sunlight but the galaxy has better truer whites and blacks and over saturated colors which I do like more!! The Optimus is more true to life ....it's all Opinion . development is just starting for the LGOG and jelly bean isn't here yet. But using a dollar in the play Store U can unlock your Bootloader which was the easiest unlock I've ever done and I have done many unlocks. also, the Samsung Galaxy S 3 has tons of development and jelly bean, both have 2 gigs RAM. now you're at the top of the food chain when it comes to speed with the LGOG but development is scares even though all the guys from the Motorola Photon(jokersax.com and th3bill and more) have now moved to the LGOG. so development will improve much. even though you're at the top of the food chain I would probably go with the Galaxy s3 simply because there is a lot more you can do it right now although I really love the look of the LG OG. and the fact that there is no phone in the United States that is faster and trust me the DNA isn't, it's Kernel isnt as good. and most people should know how important that is the ROM is the body and the wheels of the car the Kernel is the engine in the electrical system it's a little more important.hope I helped

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana