Your Way to Update to MA6

rkimble9

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
OK getting in over my head. this was my only backup which is on ext sd card and now can only get phone into recovery. change settings to not look at md5, download rom and reflash or return to stock...are these all done thru adb (which I'm just figuring out) or is there another way?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
OK getting in over my head. this was my only backup which is on ext sd card and now can only get phone into recovery. change settings to not look at md5, download rom and reflash or return to stock...are these all done thru adb (which I'm just figuring out) or is there another way?

In twrp recovery there should be an option in settings to disable md5 check when restoring your backup. I'm not sure about cwm though.

To return to stock go to the following thread...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=195095

Dew2Live

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
If I am stock rooted, can I just install stock recovery and the ota update will work? If not, I am on lj7, so would I need to update to MA6 first then update to MA1 or can I just go from Lj7 to MA1?
Apologies in advance if my question is confusing.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The files are gone.... :(

I'll update them but if you are going to add custom recovery you won't have to update to MA6 first. If you use the method on post #2 of the MB1 thread. It is complete ROM.

Only if you are on stock recovery with no root (method in post #1) will you have to update to MA6 first.

Freeza had pulled the links for the full ma6 roms. So just go to my thread to update to MB1 and flash the full MB1 ROM and firmware in post #2 and you should be up to date. Like I said, you don't have to be on MA6 to use it.

Last edited:

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the links to the radios. I'm using TPR, which is MB1 based, but my radios were still LJ7. Updating was a breeze. Maybe it's unrelated, but my cell signal is much stronger at my house now.

larrywho

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are these files (ROM, modem, and kernel) compatible with both the 16GB and 32GB versions of the S3? I saw in the Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET thread on another Sprint GS3 forum where there are separate 16GB and 32GB downloads. Is that just because of the flash count reset? I don't see separate downloads in any of the other custom ROM threads.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Are these files (ROM, modem, and kernel) compatible with both the 16GB and 32GB versions of the S3? I saw in the Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET thread on another Sprint GS3 forum where there are separate 16GB and 32GB downloads. Is that just because of the flash count reset? I don't see separate downloads in any of the other custom ROM threads.

Yes. These are straight up flashable regardless of size. The ones you are talking about are not flashed in recovery. They are flashed in Odin.