Media Server Randomly showed up?

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
This is totally new and has never shown up like this before. No new update or apps or anything.

uploadfromtaptalk1361210711885.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361210741869.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361210900738.jpg

Spotify is the only music I've run so far today so I'm curious to see if that's where it came from since the times match up closely.

I've run Spotify all day though and never saw this so I'm just curious.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me bro. If you're rooted and have done nandroid backups you may wanna delete all of them. If you are not rooted, do you have a lot of pictures and/or music? Some of your pics/music files may be corrupt.

Look at my post CLICK HERE.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted but probably gonna un install Facebook so I can get rid of those albums then dump my pics and reinstall Spotify. Other than that there's no media on my phone.

EDIT:

I've done all of the above and confirmed that Spotify is the problem and causing the media server to act up.... Does this mean one of 1210 songs is corrupt or is it the application doing this?
I've tried multiple playlists, downloading to the phone to play without connecting to them and nothing appears to stop this beast. I have never seen it do this before and i've been running spotify since picking the phone up back in august.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Alright this is after an un install of Facebook and Spotify then a reinstall of both minus my Facebook albums.
uploadfromtaptalk1361229692338.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361229705043.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361229714520.jpg

It doesn't "appear" to be doing any damage. It's got the same stayawake as spotify does minus the missing time from the uninstall.

Thoughts? Am I being paranoid?

Feel free to say so it's totally cool.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You're being paranoid.

Anytime you have music or pictures on your phone (including streaming), media will show up to "scan" it. If you start having issues with media server draining your phone battery like a vampire after a decade long fast (decided against the "two-bit hooker" analogy), then you have corrupted media on your phone somewhere. Most likely a pic in your gallery....

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
That's what I had figured. Last night it spiked and that's why I jumped to concern this morning. Typically my day consists of quite a bit of spotify so I didn't want it to cause a problem for me. Thanks for the info! Nice analogy btw.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You're being paranoid.

Anytime you have music or pictures on your phone (including streaming), media will show up to "scan" it. If you start having issues with media server draining your phone battery like a vampire after a decade long fast (decided against the "two-bit hooker" analogy), then you have corrupted media on your phone somewhere. Most likely a pic in your gallery....

This. Whenever I use a lot of music applications such as Google Music, Spotify, or Slacker radio it always shows up in the list. It doesn't seem to cause any additional battery drain it just seems like the music goes hand in hand with that media service.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
my only concern is the keepawake is exactly the same as the time spotify is being used. So it is CONSTANTLY in use while spotify is playing....I don't understand why all of a sudden yesterday it showed up like this. It's quite strange that it would happen isn't it??

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member