Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Does alarm work in Airplane mode?

I was just curious if the Alarm worked when the phone is in airplane mode? I would like to be able to turn my phone off, but doing that keeps the alarm from working.

Aplogogies if this is a dumb question.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Default Re: Does alarm work in Airplane mode?

Yes it will still work (alarm). Airplane mode just disables the radio(s) & WIFI from functioning. Everything else still works as expected.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Does alarm work in Airplane mode?

You can actually turn WiFi back on in Airplane mode, which makes sense since more and more aircraft are now equipped with on board WiFi. I used my S3 WiFi with the 15 minute free trial I got on one of my recent flights.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by 2: