Drive Mode?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend on Verizon who just got a GS3 who asked me a question on Drive Mode. It's up in the notification area, where wi-fi and bluetooth are. What is this and why is it not on my Sprint GS3? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
You have to go into your display settings, and then notification area. You can add Driving mode there.

Driving mode uses Google text to speech to navigate you through texts and what not

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
You have to go into your display settings, and then notification area. You can add Driving mode there.

Driving mode uses Google text to speech to navigate you through texts and what not
I can't find that anywhere on my Sprint GS3. The setting for the notification area not driving mode.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had driving mode enabled for a while, I like the talking caller ID and it reads texts out loud, but I don't see it in my notification bar and I never looked when the GS3 is docked, I'll check it out tomorrow.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site

This feature is only available with 4.1.2 and Premium Suit. The US does not have Premium Suit as yet.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I finally found Drive Mode under Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-Speech output. You can press the "Drive Mode" and get options about what to read.

But it does not appear in the Notification bar.

PITA to turn on/off that way, though. Wonder if it is possible to do via Automateit?

GS3, Sprint, Android vers 4.1.2.

B00M3RS00N3R

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Every US carrier but AT&T, I think, has 4.1.2 and premium suite by now. But I'm pretty sure my Sprint s3 had this before it got upgraded to Premium Suite.

My ATT GS3 with 4.1.1 came with driving mode. the only problem ive had is with getting the text-to-speech, talking caller id and turn by turn to play through Bluetooth.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Drive mode is in the stock 4.1.2 as stated, but the ability to change the notification menu must be in the premium suite only. In my friend's Note 2, there is an option to edit it under display settings, not in my S3 though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TIMORGAN

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, PaulaO for giving the single most relevant answer.

I never would have guessed "Language and Input" as the way to "shut the **** up."

swmnkdinthervr

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You might mention S voice has to actually work also, on my g3 S voice only works if you are in a closet that is directly next to a wifi router. I'm apparently not the only one with this issue. All I got in response from Samsung or Verizon was a virtual shrug!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress