Galaxy S3 Keyboard lag

dabearded1

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
you can also try clearing the data for keyboard before doing a hard reset and losing all you stuff thats not backed up. to clear the keyboard data press menu, settings, application manager, go to all then find samsung keyboard, click on it then click clear data. check your settings to see if you have predict turned on. also try clearing your user dictionary.

a fantastic way to save as much of your info as possible is to create a samsung account and selecting what you wanted backed up. it'll back up sms, mms, wall paper, logs and internet bookmarks just to name a few.

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the lag problem with the Swype keyboard. When I switched to another keyboard (like the Samsung kb) there was no lag. I tried Clear Data, Clear Cache in recovery mode... No permanent difference. Fast forward to last week: I had to hard reset my S3 for a different reason, and the keyboard now pops up instantaneously.

cheers/dom

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to be negative norman, but give it a week or so, I did a factory reset for this issue alone and it was perfect for a few days then started freezing, lagging, and the keyboard extends past the damn screen. Terrible. I am hoping 4.3 will fix this issue but I am not holding my breathe because there will be plenty more bugs I am sure.

Hai Ly

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I had similar keyboard lag on my new Moto X, which was driving me crazy, along with the triple tap zoom. So when I turned off the triple tap zoom (Settings>Accessibility>Magnification gestures set to off), my keyboard lag problem went away! Hopefully that's potentially helpful!

JEDI 2.0

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, thank you Jennifer, the instructions worked, i saw the (VERY)little blue message, let go of buttons, viola. =) it worked for me. So, that little trick wipes the cache for EVERY app, function, doo-dad & whatever, right?. . .... because I found this for the keyboard specifically:

go to Settings. ..>Application Manager ..>swipe over to ALL, select Samsung Keyboard > Clear data, cache. ...<-----i figured this out just before i tried your trick.

But i would agree that the stock keyboard is just in-general, laggy and weak. As is the stock function for "Clear Memory"; neither are as efficient as a decent free app would be for each function, would take up negligible space and oh yeah, FREE =)

ladams1221

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I, too, had this very frustrating problem, which was exacerbated by the fact that my husband's GS3, bought the same day as & identical to mine, had no problems whatsoever. I also had the battery drain problem: from 100% to tapped out in about 4 hours, with no usage. We skipped the Sprint store & headed for the Samsung desk at Best Buy. Told the guy what was happening. He did an update to 4.3, which took about 30 minutes, and now it works great! Battery lasts all day & then some, phone doesn't heat up, & the keyboard glitch is gone.

Apple Sucks

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is still following this post, I fixed this on my wife's phone (stock) by changing the default keyboard and changing it back. Worked like a charm!

Adrian yeo

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I would suggest to reboot into recovery and wipe the phone's cache. To do so power off. Hold home volume up and power at the same time. release when you see the Samsung logo. You will then get a menu with highlighted bar. use the volume key to navigate down to wipe cache partition. Hit power. This may take about 15 to 30 seconds. When done, you will be brought back to the main menu, already highlighting reboot device. Hit power.

i stopped at a page where it says 'downloading'

i waited for 5 minutes but no change to whats on the screen
may i know what happened ? is my phone lagging?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress