Galaxy S3 (Sprint)-disable constant system update 4.3 nags?
Okay so having read the somewhat usual comments after a new Android release, that indicate the loss of ROOT, the loss of TETHER (even after RE-rooting), and the broken apps etc., combined with a list of "improvements" that don't excite me that much, or compel me to "upgrade," is there a way to stop the non-stop nags to update? Can I safely disable that process somehow, using something like the Autostarts app?
I'm Galaxy S3 (Sprint) stock rooted, 4.1.2, Clockworkmod recovery 220.127.116.11
Multiple times a day, sometimes each time I turn the screen on I get hit with the "System Update" Install later-More Info-Install no prompt.
- 12-27-2013, 12:57 PM #2
Re: Galaxy S3 (Sprint)-disable constant system update 4.3 nags?
Read this - [GUIDE][FAQ]Guide and FAQ for Everything OTA (Over-the-air Updates) - xda-developers
I have in the past and now in the present used "FOTAkill.apk" which worked for me.
Pick your medicine - good luckSamsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
kickstand4u mobile kickstands for all mobile devices
Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
Rock Solid and Perfect!
- By exy3211 in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM
- By GalaxyTab3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 16Last Post: 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
- By san k in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
- By GalaxyTab3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:24 PM
- By exy3211 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:14 PM