Very Peculiar Problem that has me completely stumped

Joe Smith18

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everybody this is my first post ever,
A couple days ago my year old S3 started to encounter a charging problem
the interesting thing is:
When my phone is Completely off it will charge normally both through the wall charger and usb
When my phone is sleeping and i want to charge it, it charges fine with the usb, but when i use the wall charger it charges EXTREMELY slow(like 5% an hour)

So, i know its not the charger because it works fine when completely off
I know its not the outlet because ive tried multiple
There is just some combination of sleeping mode and wall charger that prevents it from charging
I honestly am stumped and would appreciate any input or ideas
Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everybody this is my first post ever,
A couple days ago my year old S3 started to encounter a charging problem
the interesting thing is:
When my phone is Completely off it will charge normally both through the wall charger and usb
When my phone is sleeping and i want to charge it, it charges fine with the usb, but when i use the wall charger it charges EXTREMELY slow(like 5% an hour)

So, i know its not the charger because it works fine when completely off
I know its not the outlet because ive tried multiple
There is just some combination of sleeping mode and wall charger that prevents it from charging
I honestly am stumped and would appreciate any input or ideas
Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. I think the first thing to try is clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Does the wall charger have a removable USB cable, or is it built in? If it's removable, try using a different cable with the wall charger and see what happens.