HTC One Worth 2 Year Contract With Sprint?

dowhtiwnt

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So, a few months back, I ported away from Sprint out of serious frustration with their network. If you're on Sprint, you already know what I'm talking about. After spending a few months with AT&T and their limited data plans, I decided to give Sprint another try. The 4G LTE network in my area had matured a bit, and I thought for sure they couldn't be as bad as I remembered. It only took a few days back on Sprint with my new HTC One to remind me of why I left in the first place. I thought I decided to go back to AT&T, but I'm having a REALLY hard time giving up the One. I think it's a great device and I haven't looked at my S3 the same since. 4G LTE is great when I can get it, but when I'm on 3G, there's no point in trying to do anything that requires data services. Everything else seems to work as expected. Wifi at home and at work. In your experience, has the HTC One compensated for Sprint's sketchy service? :confused:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
To put it nicely no the HTC one hasn't made up for sprints spotty network. I've had lte since September of last year and while sprint has increased the footprint of lte where I live it's still spotty and slow compared to Verizon and att in the same area. And please don't get me to talk about the 3g network that was supposedly improved but I still only get 200kb max while using 3g. If it weren't for me not wanting to spend 700 bucks to pay two etfs I would have left sprint. I hope the cash infusion from being bought out will help but it's doubtful that I will see anything good come from this especially before my contract expires.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
To put it nicely no the HTC one hasn't made up for sprints spotty network. I've had lte since September of last year and while sprint has increased the footprint of lte where I live it's still spotty and slow compared to Verizon and att in the same area. And please don't get me to talk about the 3g network that was supposedly improved but I still only get 200kb max while using 3g. If it weren't for me not wanting to spend 700 bucks to pay two etfs I would have left sprint. I hope the cash infusion from being bought out will help but it's doubtful that I will see anything good come from this especially before my contract expires.

Well I avg 25mb and IMO yes it is. Trust me when u see nv in person op u are gonna really appreciate unlimited data.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

dowhtiwnt

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I'm afraid of locking myself into a two year contract and regretting it due to poor coverage even though I live in one of the upgraded areas.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to lie lte is great in certain areas I've gotten 25mb down and it's really strong in other parts of the Chicago land area. But were I live less than a mile straight line distance from a tower the speeds Re hspa+ speeds

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Your best friend regarding a decision based on the network is going to be spending some quality time here: Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Find your area, scour the boards and ask questions. I'm disappointed that it isn't at my house yet, but I've watched them working on the towers and I see random hits on Sensorly, so I'm being patient. I also realize that once it "launches" in my area I'll still have months of spotty coverage while they finish the build-out and tweak all of these new antennas.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Sprint reported last week that 1 million customers still remain on the Nextel Network
Sprint is pulling the plug on Nextel on June 30th. When that happens, they will begin switching those towers over to 3G/4G LTE and cranking up the juice.
Service will greatly improve once that happens. Trust me I am just as frustrated with Sprint as everyone else is.
Sprint took a gamble on 4G Wimax and lost. Similar to the big HD DVD vs Blu Ray format battle not long ago.
Since then Sprint has been playing catch up with everyone else. Service went from great to crappy because Sprint's network has been running at full capacity transmitting a
3G/4G(Wimax), 4GLTE, and iDen(Ne3xtel).
Like Cable Television in their analog to digital/HD migration. Throw in the internet and land line service. They are transmitting at full capacity and as a result they have to eliminate analog channels in order to replace it with HD Channels.
That is whats going on with Sprint in regards to eliminating iDen and Wimax in the near future to replace it with 4GLTE.