Anyone having any issues ?

Chris Keblitis

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am having an issue with my HTC One. I can't connect to 4G, at all. I took it to a Sprint store where everyone of the employees was getting a 4G signal, in an area where it's well known to have a strong 4G signal. They looked at my phone and made sure LTE/CMDA was checked, which it is, but still no 4G signal. I'm beginning to think my 4G receiver is not working. Is there any app, or anyway I can force 4G on?

Thanks,
Chris

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am having an issue with my HTC One. I can't connect to 4G, at all. I took it to a Sprint store where everyone of the employees was getting a 4G signal, in an area where it's well known to have a strong 4G signal. They looked at my phone and made sure LTE/CMDA was checked, which it is, but still no 4G signal. I'm beginning to think my 4G receiver is not working. Is there any app, or anyway I can force 4G on?

Thanks,
Chris
Your probably right Chris. Have your phone replaced.

makoav

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I really want this phone to be great but I am experience problems with my Black HTC One from Sprint.

1. First my phone started vibrating constantly. I tried to restart but the phone kept vibrating even when off. The vibration does come and go and also changes in intensity but when it starts it usually will be an hour or so before it stops.
2. I have also had problems connecting to networks. Sometimes not receiving any data and worst case shows a strong connection but will drop a phone call every 2 minutes.
3. I am receiving a recurring error regarding no SIM card installed. There is a SIM installed which has not been touched and the message goes away and comes back a few times a day.
4. Finally the phone has started rebooting by itself. I have not been able to narrow down what causes this. Sometimes I can use the phone for hours before it happens and sometimes it happens as soon as I unlock it. The most frustrating thing is that once it starts rebooting it will continue to reboot over and over again usually on reaching the Sprint logo before it starts again. When it gets in this reboot mode it will continuously reboot for an hour or two before stopping.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I really want this phone to be great but I am experience problems with my Black HTC One from Sprint.

1. First my phone started vibrating constantly. I tried to restart but the phone kept vibrating even when off. The vibration does come and go and also changes in intensity but when it starts it usually will be an hour or so before it stops.
2. I have also had problems connecting to networks. Sometimes not receiving any data and worst case shows a strong connection but will drop a phone call every 2 minutes.
3. I am receiving a recurring error regarding no SIM card installed. There is a SIM installed which has not been touched and the message goes away and comes back a few times a day.
4. Finally the phone has started rebooting by itself. I have not been able to narrow down what causes this. Sometimes I can use the phone for hours before it happens and sometimes it happens as soon as I unlock it. The most frustrating thing is that once it starts rebooting it will continue to reboot over and over again usually on reaching the Sprint logo before it starts again. When it gets in this reboot mode it will continuously reboot for an hour or two before stopping.

Sounds like a lemon. You should take it back and get it replaced.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Wow... Obviously I can only use my own experience with the One as a frame of reference.

since mine has had none of those issues (in fact no issues at all come to mind)

You got a bad one!!

Chris Keblitis

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
A bit disappointed in Sprint. They are supposed to be the experts in this field, yet they were no help at all, and actually everyone (at the Newport News store in VA anyway) was quite rude and determined to be of no help. Finally, days later, I went in and requested a new SIM card... That did the trick.

My previous SIM card was not allowing me 4G access. I won't pretend to be a cell phone expert. I have no Idea why replacing the SIM card worked, but it did. I hope this will help anyone else having a 4G connectivity issue.;)

Jeremy Phelan

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone, but I am having serious issues with internet connection and with streaming apps such as Pandora. Internet always seems to seriously lag or not work at all at the most inopportune times. Every time I am in a large store my internet will not work, I then check my setting to ensure I am on mobile data and I am, but still no connection. Also every time I try to open Pandora it either takes forever to load or just doesn't load at all. Anyone else having these issues? Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciate. I have seen how great this phone can be and how fast it is, but these bugs are driving me nuts and making rethink my decision to purchase it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Not yet...I like the phone, just wish the volume wasn't that frickin' loud. I had to set my Gentle Alarm down to 15% as it freaked me out this morning.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've got one but I'm not sure if it's a Ford issue, or Bluetooth API. When my phone is sync'd (2012 F150) my steering wheel buttons won't skip songs up or down. It worked with my S3. Any clue?

Edit: Works fine if I turn OFF my WiFi connection...Weird

Last edited:

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks,
Chris

Do you get any notifications that you do not have a SIM card inserted because if you do, you can either try taking it out then putting it back in or go to a Sprint Store and request for a new SIM card. If you do not get these notifications then you need to take it in to be replaced

geronimorex

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC One (on Sprint) up and running last night. Most details are coming together, but by far the most frustrating problem so far is that the phone refuses to rotate to landscape mode while in the HTC Sense interface. The main screens and the apps screen won't rotate. All other screens and apps rotate fine. Any ideas?

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my HTC One (on Sprint) up and running last night. Most details are coming together, but by far the most frustrating problem so far is that the phone refuses to rotate to landscape mode while in the HTC Sense interface. The main screens and the apps screen won't rotate. All other screens and apps rotate fine. Any ideas?

Sense interface only work in portrait. Most of HTC apps will work in landscape but the Sense itself will not.

Carol Parrish

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes having huge reception problem with HTC ONE Sprint. Goes from having one bar to none to no service. I upgraded from EVO and never had a problem. Have talked to Sprint seven or eight times over last 3 wks. Have been told device bad, tower down, tower having issues and finally told Sprint doesn't guarantee reception!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

brycenull

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes having huge reception problem with HTC ONE Sprint. Goes from having one bar to none to no service. I upgraded from EVO and never had a problem. Have talked to Sprint seven or eight times over last 3 wks. Have been told device bad, tower down, tower having issues and finally told Sprint doesn't guarantee reception!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Your local tower might be going through the Revision project. I've been hearing about signal problems when they upgrade the towers. Try going to your local Sprint store and see what is going on. You never know if you have a bad device or not if you don't check. I would never trust calling Sprint, their customer service phone representatives are almost useless at times. Just try going to the Sprint store closest to you.

jdraket

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed camera performance degradation since the latest system update? The pictures that I take now are horrible! I did have to exchange my One once so I'm not sure if it was the update or the new phone. My pics are very pixelated, blury and noticeably worse. Here's are two example pics:

IMAG0101.jpg
IMAG0119.jpg

I contacted HTC and they told me to wipe the cache! Didn't work...

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

newyorker545

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am on the launch team for the HTC One with Sprint.

Is anyone having any issues that I can assist with?

I have had my One since release date and love my it, except for one annoying thing.

If I put the phone on Vibrate mode or even SIlent mode and I get an SMS message, the notification sound is activated, and my phone's ringer state is now normal, not vibrate or silent. I tried using the native sound profile, and Smart Quick Settings to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this issue and know of a solution?

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I need to entirely silence my ringer all day at work, but want to know by vibration about calls and texts. I keep the phone in Normal mode, but hold down the volume button until it goes past silent to vibrate. This works perfectly, and I'm only embarassed by the ringer when I forget to do this.

HTH