Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dralexp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC One - Please Help! 4.3 Update - Stuck in "Quietly Brilliant" Screen

Hello,

I tried updating my phone. It downloaded, I hit install, began restarting then just stayed on the "Quietly Brilliant" screen.

I have tried the regular restart (power+down), reboot bootloader, recovery, factory reset. NOTHING WORKED!!

I have left the phone before trying all those resets for about 10mins, and about 5 mins after booting it the other ways.

It is stock HTC Sense.

Also it does appear on computer.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Default Re: Sprint HTC One - Please Help! 4.3 Update - Stuck in "Quietly Brilliant" Screen

Hello,

Was the device still all stock or unlocked/rooted?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Default Re: Sprint HTC One - Please Help! 4.3 Update - Stuck in "Quietly Brilliant" Screen

Mine is doing the same thing, bricked after the update install. My HTC One is stock, never rooted. Factory reset does not work either. Does anyone think it would be possible trying to root the phone and then returning it back to stock?

Alex

Took mine into the Sprint store for service, they are going to replace it. Although this now makes me nervous to update to 4.3 with the replacement phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dralexp View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing, bricked after the update install. My HTC One is stock, never rooted. Factory reset does not work either. Does anyone think it would be possible trying to root the phone and then returning it back to stock?

Alex
    Paul627g likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dralexp View Post
    Took mine into the Sprint store for service, they are going to replace it. Although this now makes me nervous to update to 4.3 with the replacement phone.
    Nice to see Sprint is honoring the problem with a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Same all stock, no root, not unlocked.

I'm kinda glad im not the one one experiencing this problem. My phone is actually with Telus here in Canada. So it might not be provider base but just the update itself? Or the phones? I dont know if it matters but I got the stealth black one.

That's weird. Heck my family we 3 HTC Ones and they all updated fine but yeah Sprint should be able to help you out.

Its happens sometimes.. Long as I've been on Android ( 3+ yrs ), it seems like every major OTA update on just about any OEM/model/carrier always has a small percentage of bricks or fouled updates that make the device unusable. Carriers/stores have always been great in these situations and replaced the device.
    Paul