Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.2 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

shartydonny

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

I had the same defect with the upgrade on my m7 as you guys, but I had the Sprint store treat me like absolute garbage instead (just tried to extract money from me along the way). In the end, you can fix this problem by downloading the RUU file and installing some manager from htc (google "htc m7 sprint ruu" and follow the "Manual system update instructions"). You can get to the "fastboot" mode required to load this via USB by hitting vol-UP+power on the phone while in the "red triangle with exclamation point" mode which gives you a menu that offers a reboot option. Once you reboot, immediately hold the vol-DOWN key and the WHITE fastboot screen should load (allowing load from RUU).

I'm trying to put this out there so no-body else has to deal with the creeps at the Sprint store who use this update as an opportunity to sell you a phone, or leave you stranded by their ineptness. Kudos to your one guy who figured out how to load an RUU, but it shouldn't have been rocket science to them when it took me 40 minutes to figure out after I gave up hope on them.

jsaleen17

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sprint HTC One (M7) Lollipop 5.0.1 Update. Praises, Complaints, Bugs & Discussion

I hate my phone now!!! The lock screen is bull **** now. I get my security pattern wrong all the time now. Notifications show up as a bar in the middle of the screen. Showing what the texts say even when phone is locked. WTF!!! The overall look of the notification bars is just very cheep (like someone screwed up some code). FM tuner is gone!!!!!!!! Why do you keep taking apps off? It's always telling me no data connection. Even though I see the 3 or 4g arrows working while I'm using data. One ringtone for all notifications??? WTF again. You guys totally made this phone suck.

spritemonst3r

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

I hate my phone now!!! The lock screen is bull **** now. I get my security pattern wrong all the time now. Notifications show up as a bar in the middle of the screen. Showing what the texts say even when phone is locked. WTF!!! The overall look of the notification bars is just very cheep (like someone screwed up some code). FM tuner is gone!!!!!!!! Why do you keep taking apps off? It's always telling me no data connection. Even though I see the 3 or 4g arrows working while I'm using data. One ringtone for all notifications??? WTF again. You guys totally made this phone suck.

Afraid I'm having a less than stellar time with this update as well. Biggest issue is now my stock sms app "Messages" gets really laggy and freezes up when I try to type texts, and it takes a while to catch up to what I just typed. Really annoying. Only have that problem in Messages, I can type fine in every other app.

The new look of the notification/lock screen is not my favorite. But whatever I'll deal with it.

My Vizio TV Remote app no longer works. Can't control my TV with it anymore. Frustrating.

Finally my phone just feels like its moving slower online, and sometimes pages just will not load when I type the address in the url. It just lists the link at the top and stays on a blank white page. I have to Google it and click the link to get where I'm going.

Last edited:

Brian K2

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Is it possible to add a panel and a widget to the lock screen after the update? I had a widget on a lock screen panel before the update, but I can't figure out how to add a panel and a widget to the lock screen after the update.

shanpao

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I have two HTC one M7. I use the phone dial 'wait/pause' option when I store the contact information, which works for years with many different phones. It is a great feature when you have to call some one that needs to enter numbers multiple times before you reach the right party. Example, call a number you were told to enter 1 for English, 2 for French, then you were told to enter the extension, you can store those in the phone book using this feature that is very useful, especially when you have a number you need to call frequently, and it has a long extension. International calling using calling card is a piratical application.
After the upgrade it does not wok anymore. The HTC Help Desk is no help. After test in the 'safe' mode, then factory rest, they told me may be Android is not supporting this feature anymore. They don't have a phone with them, they can't see what is happening like a customer is doing. I can understand the test in 'safe mode', but factory reset can be easily eliminated. Worst part is they told me there is nothing they can do.
Does anyone has a 5.02 phone that is not HTC??

d-pabs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, where do I begin? From my smart unlock not working for WiFi, the loss of my power widget(WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, brightness) and fast boot mode all the way to glitchy voice command not recognizing my contacts (ie I'll call one person, hang up and try to call back but get told the contact doesn't exist), no longer getting to/from traffic notifications or hotel and flight updates for upcoming trips, laggy apps and keyboard response, speaker phone automatically turning on when I answer a call and then put to my ear, screen not turning back on when I'm done a call (so I can end it), the elimination of month view with agendas in the calendar....man, this is the most unhappy I have ever been with and Android OS.

This is with the M7 unlocked phone. Has anyone had this many issues? Any suggestions on how to fix without going the factory reset route?

I'm android for life...but unless they clean this up I may have no other choice but to look for an alternative.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

You can change your luck screen notification style by going to settings then sound and notifications. The bottom option allows you to hide the text of your notification while on the lock screen. You can change the notification sound for individual apps through the app setting just as you did before.

Updating to a newer operating system brings change. Sometimes the change is better for you sometimes not. You would best be served by waiting until the reviews are in before updating. You could read about the changes and decide for yourself is the new system will work for you before you get aggravated.

Posted via the Android Central App

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?
Quick settings can be accessed two ways now. Swiping down twice or swiping down with two fingers as before.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My battery life just went to hell in a handbag today....When I came down here this am (it was on charge all night) it showed 94% charge....I let it finish charging before I turned it on at 8am...It's now noon and the charge is down to 24% and it's only been on standby..HJ

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to lollipop on my m7 but I lost the HTC weather app does anyone have the apk? Also I can no longer access/open the HTC weather /clock lock screen widget. Does anyone have a resolution?

schiznatch

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to lollipop on my m7 but I lost the HTC weather app does anyone have the apk? Also I can no longer access/open the HTC weather /clock lock screen widget. Does anyone have a resolution?

I'm pretty sure Lollipop did away with lockscreen widgets. Haven't upgraded yet, so can't be 100% sure. If so, what you are seeing isn't a widget, just a display on the lockscreen.

Love your username btw. xD

Last edited:

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having Bluetooth issues? I can't get anything to connect without unpairing it, restarting my phone, then pairing it again.

My phone is also SUPER slow now. I deleted a bunch of apps, pictures, you name it, but it's still enragingly (I know this isn't a word) slow!

Dramirez484

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues with the battery. The phone gets charged from 0% battery life to 100% The battery drops very quick until it dies with light use. I start the phone back up after it dies and it shows that it has 60% left and drops at normal rate. This has happen more that one time, I have to restart various time in order to show the real charge level. I have done a hard reset and not using intensive apps. Is anyone having these issues?

lilactree

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

My messages are also extremely laggy. It takes me up to a minute to load the texts from a contact, then another minute to display the latest text I just received from them. When I type another text after just sending one, the input freezes.

I hate everything about this update. I wish there were a way to revert back to KitKat. I've done two factory resets, but it keeps on updating to the latest O/S which is Lollipop. How do we let the makers of this update know of all these bugs?

schiznatch

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

The Lollipop update has been pulled. I held off on the update until last week, but when I tried to install the update, it failed. Now it is saying that no updates are available. Talked to HTC Chat Support and they verified that it has been pulled.

HTC Convo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa