Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfenton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default LTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware

From S4Gru:

In markets where the NV vendor is different from the legacy equipment vendor, the circuit switch fallback systems may be incompatible with each other. Single radio devices (essentially non-svLTE) need eCSFB to fallback to 3G to accept a call. Going forward, eCSFB deployment status will factor into analysis on market launches, new markets will only be launched if the gap risk is low. They will also complete the builds quickly in impacted markets to mitigate impact as much as possible. I can upload the legal-approved talking points later as well.

LG G2 Users Thread! - Page 54 - LG - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates - Page 54

They have also opened a specific thread for owners to report their issues / experience for both the LG G2 and the Nexus 5

LG G2/Nexus 5 LTE issues thread - LG - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Default Re: LTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware

Was just heading over here to post this. I've been wanting to switch to Sprint when my contract ends 12/18. Wanted to get the G2 but this seems like a serious issue with no planned solution. Not sure what I will do. There are more details in the thread the OP posted but it is a lot of technical jargon I don't get honestly.

Default Re: LTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware

This is a shame. This is a real nice phone.

Posted via Android Central App

This looks to be a regional problem, which is a damn shame.
    I am in the Metro Atlanta area and have had zero problems with connecting to and keeping an LTE signal.
    I hope it gets fixed soon because the G2 is a fantastic phone which may become the poster child for this network problem.
    I got this earlier today standing in my driveway (Statham, GA):

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

A Sprint document has been posted on the threads I posted previously showing that they have known of this for some time and the only fix in those particular markets where it's an issue is to complete specific 3G upgrades to those towers which have already been livened up with LTE.

While it works fine in my home area north of Boston, I wonder what I will encounter elsewhere when traveling for work?
    moonoverparma00 likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    A Sprint document has been posted on the threads I posted previously showing that they have known of this for some time and the only fix in those particular markets where it's an issue is to complete specific 3G upgrades to those towers which have already been livened up with LTE.

While it works fine in my home area north of Boston, I wonder what I will encounter elsewhere when traveling for work?
    That is very technical on that forum. Can you break it down for a newbie of what exactly is going on with this issue? What is causing it? Is there a cure? Is this a software update that we initially thought?This doesn't affect signal strength for voice calls, does it?

Man this sucks, sorry to hear this is the case for some of you.....here is what I get pretty consistentlyLTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware-screenshot_2013-11-09-22-26-10.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-09-22-26-10.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	90975

So, to wrap this up and put a bow on it:

- Issue is based on hardware installed in some towers
    - Nothing can be done on phone to resolve where this is the cause
    - Have to wait for Sprint to upgrade towers, AGAIN, in affected areas

Does that about sum this up?
    Thanked by:

Yeah, I won't be waiting again. I'll go and return thus for a nexus 5 unless that us having the same issue.

Took a trip and noticed I was stuck on 3G and erratic serivice with my lg g2 in Tulsa this POS is going back, I can't believe they neutered the g2. Places were I was able to pick up 4g with my note2 around home I'm now getting 3G. The camera is slow /laggy in low light shots practically unusable.. Now you can't do voice and data while in a conversation is just a deal breaker, what a downgrade..

Exactly my thoughts as well. Very good coverage here in Boston.

LTE Issue is Non Compatability Between Certain Network Hardware and Phone Hardware-1384098115859.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Can't imagine that the Nexus 5 behaving differently given the internals are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by moonoverparma00 View Post
    Yeah, I won't be waiting again. I'll go and return thus for a nexus 5 unless that us having the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    Can't imagine that the Nexus 5 behaving differently given the internals are very much the same.
    You're probably right.

I was checking out the N5 forum and it looks like Sprint customers are having the same problem. Sorry man, major ball drop by Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by moonoverparma00 View Post
    You're probably right.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Nexus 5 exact same issue.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Man this sucks, sorry to hear this is the case for some of you.....here is what I get pretty consistentlyClick image for larger version. 

ID:	90975Click image for larger version. 

ID:	90975
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know what the icon just to the left of the alarm is in the pics? Looks to be some sort of transfer icon?

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know what the icon just to the left of the alarm is in the pics? Looks to be some sort of transfer icon?
    NFC is turned on

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    NFC is correct.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

This is so depressing! I love this phone but I get to work today and only have 3g when my old one had 4g. I'm in chicagoland area and thought we were set up for spark here, so you would think the towers were setup for tri-band! If I knew this will be a quick fix I would hold out but I really think this will take some time to resolve

Quote Originally Posted by mylgt1 View Post
    This is so depressing! I love this phone but I get to work today and only have 3g when my old one had 4g. I'm in chicagoland area and thought we were set up for spark here, so you would think the towers were setup for tri-band! If I knew this will be a quick fix I would hold out but I really think this will take some time to resolve

We'll need an answer from sprint before we know if anything will be quick about this.

Quote Originally Posted by mylgt1 View Post

I'm in the western suburbs and have plenty of LTE as well as along I-294 south to 127th st.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recoveringlefty View Post
    I'm in the western suburbs and have plenty of LTE as well as along I-294 south to 127th st.
    I'm NW burbs, Itasca, Schaumburg. I'll get 4g occasionally but it will only stay for a few minutes and then go to 3g. My old phone was an S2 and had more 4g coverage even with it's wimax! I bought an S4 when it came out that I returned and I was getting lte almost everywhere I was at.

does anyone know if the KY market is affected? anyone in KY that has this phone, having issues?

Thanked by 4: