Sprint LTE Deployment list

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So when can we expect the 4G LTE to start working according to that link? Not until launch date, or can we expect it to start working after "1st LTE sites"? I live in Minneapolis and am upgrading phones in September. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for LTE...

Not until the launch date, which is based on having 40% of the towers complete. Although you might have intermittent LTE before then when they are testing.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I find it interesting that according to that link, not one of the five cities that has launched has 25% of their sites complete. In fact, three of the cities are well under 20%...which probably explains why many people in those cities are seeing almost no LTE coverage on Sprint.

Furthermore, Chicago is at 38% complete but has not yet launched...and it has the same anticipated launch date as cities with sites complete as low as 5%.

My inference is that the holdup is also being severely constrained by backhaul.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hampton Roads

One thing about that last Evo LTE update.... I could have sworn I checked the 3G/LTE settings after and made sure that LTE was turned off. I guess not. I was in Chesapeake last night, eating dinner and noticed "4G" appear on my Evo. I thought- "that can't be right, I have heard NOTHING from anywhere about LTE in Hampton Roads since it seemingly dropped off the 'second round' lists many months ago".

So of course I ran a speed test. 16.2Mb/s down and 4.2Mb/s up with 59ms ping! That is faster download than I even get on WiFi at home. Seemed to be only that one tower... I went on a "hunt" drive after and found only 3G in other areas. Later I was in Norfolk and happened to look at my phone and BAM- another 4G connect. That one pulled only 4Mb/s down and 0.8Mb/s up, but I was also in only 2 bars and moving at the time. Just 1/4 mile further, though, and back to 3G and miserable/unusable 28Kb/s down, 10Kb/s up with 800ms ping on 6 bars.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Still none in philly

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Not yet, but it's coming. Check out the left side of this map. There's a tiny blip of LTE. Sure, it's not much now, but it's a start. You just have to be patient. You'll forget your current frustrations in a few months when the rollout is finished.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361118739101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361118739101.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 179

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Press releases and Sprint maps are poor sources of information. What really matters is which towers in your area have been NV upgraded. For coverage maps with HOURLY updates go here (scroll down and select, "Sprint - 4G"). Of course, they have an app too!

Apparently, Sprint has started the PA rollout - you can see an LTE tower between Media and Chadds Ford! That doesn't mean you'll see new towers upgraded every day, but once they start work in an area there's a steady trickle of towers until there are large clouds of coverage.

Last edited:

darkborne

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
They've started turning on towers here and there in the Detroit metro area. Downtown Royal oak, Plymouth, part of the 75 corridor are all on but on the weak side right now.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As more sites come on line each week, maps are growing. Locally, LTE coverage in Oregon has grown quite a bit over the last few weeks.

The more people who use the app the better!

Took a look at user reported Sprint LTE connections as of 3/10/13.

Coverage Maps | 4G - USA - Sprint | Sensorly

ilfwup.png

New York City
mre1cg.png

Los Angeles / San Diego
xc1ma.png

San Francisco / Bay Area
t83pz8.png

Puerto Rico
2jfeq68.png

Forum statistics

Threads