Sprint LG G2: Battery sucks!

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I Had This LG G2 For about 2 months now , i love this phone but the only thing thats keeping me away is the battery , please help

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery sucks !

unysy2ar.jpg
Is This Good For You ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I Had This LG G2 For about 2 months now , i love this phone but the only thing thats keeping me away is the battery , please help

Posted via Android Central App

Really? This phone has one of the best batteries that I have used, it just kills my iPhone 5 in useage. how do you use it and how many apps are running in the background will affect the life. My LG isai with is the same as the G2 shows 48% and it was last charged 3 days ago.

I would say that you have a lot of apps running in the background that you do not need.

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Really? This phone has one of the best batteries that I have used, it just kills my iPhone 5 in useage. how do you use it and how many apps are running in the background will affect the life. My LG isai with is the same as the G2 shows 48% and it was last charged 3 days ago.

I would say that you have a lot of apps running in the background that you do not need.

I Know Man , I Saw Every Geting Like 30 Hours And Im Getting Like 6 If I Conserve Battery Life ,
duse6are.jpg

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

your screen is using 28% of the power, what brightness level is it set to? Mine is set to around 28%, the display will use more power than anything else on the phone

Last edited:

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

your screen is using 28% of the power, what brightness level is it set to? Mine is set to around 28%, the display will use more power than anything else on the phone

My Brightness Is Always At 0 % , Believe It Or Not , Im At School Where The Lights Are Always on So I Can See Perfectly

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Are you really complaining of 3 hours of screen time? Of course that's going to drain your battery, especially if your brightness is high.

Yes , Because I Know There's People Out There Who Use There Phone More Than Be And Still Will Have Much More Battery , 3 Hours , WOW

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Yes , Because I Know There's People Out There Who Use There Phone More Than Be And Still Will Have Much More Battery , 3 Hours , WOW

I don't know if you have a problem honestly. You say 2 hours wouldn't count but 4 hours of on screen time is not bad. It's not stellar but on a good day you would get 5 to 6 I would guess.

ಠ益ಠ

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if you have a problem honestly. You say 2 hours wouldn't count but 4 hours of on screen time is not bad. It's not stellar but on a good day you would get 5 to 6 I would guess.

ಠ益ಠ

Alright I Guess , I Just
Used To Do The Same Thing With My iPhone 4 , Just Seems Weird , But Thanks Everyone

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I get around 6-7hrs screen on time. Definitely the best battery life I've had on any phone.
If your battery life is underwhelming, try installing wakelock detector. Let it run throughout one of your days (off charger) and it'll tell you if any apps are keeping your display awake or your cpu awake.
Cpu wakelock is a killer of many batteries because rogue applications will keep the Cpu awake when it should be sleeping.

Edit:
Also some people have issues with battery when they port over their music. Sometimes songs get corrupted and cause the media server to keep trying to scan. I wouldn't think that's the case so with how small the percentage of the battery your media has used but I figure it's worth noting anyway.

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I get around 6-7hrs screen on time. Definitely the best battery life I've had on any phone.
If your battery life is underwhelming, try installing wakelock detector. Let it run throughout one of your days (off charger) and it'll tell you if any apps are keeping your display awake or your cpu awake.
Cpu wakelock is a killer of many batteries because rogue applications will keep the Cpu awake when it should be sleeping.

Edit:
Also some people have issues with battery when they port over their music. Sometimes songs get corrupted and cause the media server to keep trying to scan. I wouldn't think that's the case so with how small the percentage of the battery your media has used but I figure it's worth noting anyway.

Alrighty , I'll Run It Tomorrow , Thanks For The Input