Smart Action question

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I upgraded from my Epic running CM9 a couple of days and am so far very very happy with the Photon. I like the stock launcher, but I still started using GO launcher almost immediately. On the first day, the battery got me through the day which pleased me to no end.

I really love the Smart Actions but I have a question for someone with some brains... I've rooted the phone and installed wireless tether. If you're familiar with Wireless Tether, you know you need to lauch the App and then hit the button to start tethering. I'd like to have Smart Actions be able to actually turn on and off the hotspot, but the only thing I can figure out how to do is launch wireless tether and then I need to hit the button.

Is there a way to create a shortcut or macro which will turn it on or off at launch? Am I SOL? Any help will be appreciated. If there was a way to make Smart Actions activate a widget then the wireless tether widget would work, but I couldn't see a way to do that either.

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not quite as easy. You need to unlock the bootloader, but it's easy enough. Only warning is that once bootloader is unlocked it shows a warning every time the phone is started and shuts down

Probably will never be able to flash it back to 'stock' to get insurance service. Unlocking says it voids the warranty, not sure what Sprint or Best Buy would do.

Sent from my XT897 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress